Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to the brushless motors i checked a rotor today to c how true it was and it was out of round and it was 12.3mm so what i was woundering is there anything in the mag part on the rotor i work at a shop and can true it up but not sure if there is anything in the mag any info would be great thanks donald

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
very thin layer of plating over the magnet do not machine, if your rotor is bad send it to mmanufacture.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
neo magnets are usually coated with nickel then copper, then nickel again. You can remove it but they are a pain to cut and will rust badly without the coating. If you do cut it, to get the little bits of magnet off use tape and pull off all the little magnetic particles.

John

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
i am new to the brushless motors i checked a rotor today to c how true it was and it was out of round and it was 12.3mm so what i was woundering is there anything in the mag part on the rotor i work at a shop and can true it up but not sure if there is anything in the mag any info would be great thanks donald
Don't make me ride my bike over to your house and pee on your dog for playing with brushless motors.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts