Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard some guys at the track talking the other day about strength of rotor gauss and how you should run different diameter tires ("big" rotor smaller tires or vice versa) based on the particular rotor in your car. They were also saying that spur size could / should be based on rotor strength.

Any thoughts on that guys?

Al

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The magnetic strength and coils if you graph the data is in a bell shape curve
the idea is to be at the top of the curve.
You need a dyno.

I don't know about everyone else but I run my tire small 2.10.:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Regardless of what the manufacturers say....you can have 50 cans built in a run and no 2 will be the same. Same goes for rotors. I have taken 3 motors that proved themselves on the track. Baselined them on the dyno. Then checked the rotor #'s etc. And found no rhyme or reason to anything. Best motor on the dyno also happend to be the best on the track, had the worst rotor. Now the fun part, the car ran the best when I put my base dia tire on. When I started mixing rotors and cans no one combo was any better than what my baseline was.

I HAVE learned what #'s to look for when it comes to a particular track.

I really can't give anymore info publicly though. It is a closely guarded secret. (only because I keep crappy notes and have poor handwriting; typical engineer)

I do have minimum #'s for rotors though...junk is junk! And minimum dyno #'s for a particular track.

Oh, I should also mention this is all spec Novak stuff as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have done you're homework rj. If you don't mind saying what is your opinion on the best rotors (Zubie reading wise) for large ovals?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like you have done you're homework rj. If you don't mind saying what is your opinion on the best rotors (Zubie reading wise) for large ovals?
When I say I know what #'s to look for when going to a specific track I should have been more clear.....

I really only look at rotor strength when it comes to setting the motor on the dyno. I have an idea of what I want to achieve and it does not always relate to rotor strength. Knowing the rotor strength will let me know what it MAY be possible to achieve not what it WILL.

Don't get too wrapped up in one set of #'s is what I am getting at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts