Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to pack up some of my loose collection and bring out fresh ones to display. I just got the shelves emptied - here's what was.

middle

bottom

It's gonna be fun refilling them. :hat:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
A great mix of styles and brands. Your Mazda Cosmo really caught my eye. I never knew that it was made in 1/64. Thanks for the neat pics.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
WLCollector said:
I love the case, where did you get it?
It's an IKEA item called JARNA and goes for just under $20 in the U.S (in Canada, just under $50 :eek: :rolleyes: ). Solid walnut case, and 2 glass shelves with slots for adjustability (or more shelves). I added 3 glass shelves to each case, and chose not to install the walnut veneer backing.

I just found a cool link about JARNA and diecast. It describes the case's specifics really well. Mine has shelves that slide into slots from the back. On this link, I notice his shelves sit on short steel pins. :confused:
http://fireengines.net/display_ideas/d_williams/ikea.htm

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Adding Fresh ones

Yes, I too had a curio in my front room of my house and would display the current collection. I would pack it all up at Christmas time and start fresh the following year. I usually fill up the 100 or so cars by easter or early spring and begin again to move the collection to the plastic tub cemetery in the attic. Tom

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's an Ertl kit of a 1980 Pontiac Bonneville, I think either from Dukes of Hazzard or Smokey and the Bandit. The kit came with generic plastic wheels so JL wheels and rubber tires were swapped in. They color-matched perfectly. :)

Ertl also made the same kit painted white, with blue roof lights. That might be the Dukes one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts