Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some serious help with this rotary carb that i got on one of my motors. Well here is my problem. I am trying to figure out how you prevetn the carb from completely closing and cutting off air to the motor when you put the brake on. I have never messed with one of these before, and have no idea what i am doing. It is set up , to where you out the break on, it pushes against the carb to where it closes the opening and kills the motor. I tried tightening it up , but then it wont open or close when it is to tight. Help please...

·
Registered
315 Posts
allright there are a few things you can do. on the actual carb body itself there is a little screw in between the carb and the cooling head. dont mistake this screw with the needle adjustment screws or the bold that holds your carb to the motor block. but this little screw is called the idle stop screw. and what it does is adjusts how far the motor is allowed to close. now from your description it sounds like you need to re adjusts your lincadges. it sounds like one of them is actualy pushing the carb closed. many people set it up so that the carb is closed by a return spring and the lincage only has one stop on it used to open the carb body. so you may need to check and make shure that your idle stop screw is adjusted properly. also make shure that your lincages are properly set up and so they are not forcing the throttle body closed.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Sean Scott

P.S. I hope I did an ok job describing the way to fix the problem. and I hope i did ok for an electric guy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts