Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys give me a starting point for these 2 tracks using a 13.5 :

88 ft runline, CO27 rolls out about 1.70
160-ish runline (not sure), CO27 rolls out 2.40-2.55.

What timing do I run on the 13.5?

thanks!

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
Changing the timing on the 13.5 has not proven to be that big of a deal, to me at least.

But, if your asking what rollout to use with the 13.5 compared to to C027, I think would go up a couple teeth from the numbers you have stated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ran a flat carpet oval a couple of weeks ago with a 150 foot runline. The rollout everyone used for 13.5 there was a 2.8. So for 160, I would start there at about 2.8, and maybe if that seems a little slow, try 2.9.

The actual numbers really depend on the shape of the track - 150 foot runline with long straights and narrow turns will have a lower rollout than a 150 foot runline track with shorter straights and longer/wider turns. You'll be accelerating and decelerating more on a track with long straights and tight turns, so you'll need a slightly lower rollout for that type of track.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
For the 160' track I'd probably go around 3.00.

I haven't raced on anything as short as 88' with a 13.5, but maybe around 2.20 to start.

You'll find that the BL motors aren't as sensitive to gearing changes as brushed motors.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Next month, I will be running the Speedway Spectalaur in daytona in the 4300 class. I think the track will be about 180 with sweaping turns on Ashpalt, what might be a good rollout, this will be my frist run with brushless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts