Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a starting point for a snowbirds size track, any body that has run it yet please help me out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, I tried as high as 5.70 yesterday and just didn't feel I was getting all out of it.
I am just starting carpet racing and have alway's ran cap tires, just going by gear ratio. I am just learning about rollout, does a higher rollout mean faster or is it lower rollout?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Steve, I tried as high as 5.70 yesterday and just didn't feel I was getting all out of it.
I am just starting carpet racing and have alway's ran cap tires, just going by gear ratio. I am just learning about rollout, does a higher rollout mean faster or is it lower rollout?
5.70 is way overgeared!

longer rollout = taller gear

rollout = tire diameter (inches) * 3.1416 / spur * pinion

Steve.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Or you can use a rollout chart as well. Knowing the math is a must, but this makes it easy as well. Let me know what spur you run, and I will see if I can get a chart for you as well.

Joel White

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Any help would be appreciated on this rollout. 104 ft runline, novak esc, 17.5 novak motor.......Thanks guys for looking, Bobby

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Or you can use a rollout chart as well. Knowing the math is a must, but this makes it easy as well. Let me know what spur you run, and I will see if I can get a chart for you as well.

Joel White
ok, im new to 12th scale but the smallest spur i can find is 72t 48p or a 88t 64p i was told that 3.00 is the rollout that i need to run... i know how to do the math tire size in inches x 3.14x pinion / spur but i need a bigger pinion right? i dont think any bigger than 30 will fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts