Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain what roll-out is to me? This is a new term since I was racing before. I saw how to calculate it, but what is it, and why is it important?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Q-ball said:
Can someone explain what roll-out is to me? This is a new term since I was racing before. I saw how to calculate it, but what is it, and why is it important?
Rollout is used to keep the same final drive ratio as tires wear. If you find the prefect setup with your motor at your home track is a newer tire say 2.25, a 40 pinion and a 120 spur which is a 2.35 rollout. Now you're looking at your tire and its only a 2.14 it will let you know to maintain the prefect ratio you would need to put on a 42 pinion.

·
Registered
194 Posts
helps keep you in the same spot for final drive ratio as the diameter of your rear tires decrease (ex. 2.25" wearing down to 2.14"). Also if you go to a new track and ask around you can find the rollout that works so you do not have to hunt around for pinion/spur combinations. Caution, different motors will like different rollouts so try to make sure you are talking about the same motors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts