Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just curious if anyone has seen or has this car. I found one at TRU and picked it up..never saw another.

The card art is kind of interesting with the 2012 Year Of The Dragon stuff and it's definitely a pretty wild car.

Is this considered HTF or rare at all? Is it sought after?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I have seen a few, so I don't think it is rare. Is it cool? Yes. Will it be hoarded like it's gold (but it's not)? Yes. Will it ever be worth anything of any value more than retail? No.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
they were at first and some thought it was gonna be very lim mitted but than they flooded the market in most parts.in a few yrs when they will get peek interest again as newbies in the hobby start wanting them.wo'nt really know what the tru value is( if any ) until 5 to 10 years down the road my guess.

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
That is nice of you to give that to your daugther for her birthday congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
739 Posts
they were at first and some thought it was gonna be very lim mitted but than they flooded the market in most parts.in a few yrs when they will get peek interest again as newbies in the hobby start wanting them.wo'nt really know what the tru value is( if any ) until 5 to 10 years down the road my guess.
How's the hunting over there in Apopka?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
funny... received one in the mail from a friend in Canada... the international cards don't say anything about Year of the Dragon on them, front or back... just looks like a regular mainline... tho the top corner does have the little red dragon logo, with no words

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Maybe it's the year of the PabloDragon.:thumbsup:
funny... received one in the mail from a friend in Canada... the international cards don't say anything about Year of the Dragon on them, front or back... just looks like a regular mainline... tho the top corner does have the little red dragon logo, with no words

·
Registered
126 Posts
after going through about 8 cases since they issued this model into the mainline...
i can say this...
is it rare? YES - only 1 per case and that's probably because of it's size...too many of these in 1 case and all of a sudden you can't fit all 72 into the box.

is it a chase? DEFINITELY NO

is it going to go up in value? probably not since according to another post, mattel make's SO MANY of these cars...

i still grab em when i see em on the pegs

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It's not rare; I've seen several of them in the wild. Its desirability, however, is probably a little above average. Given a little time, though, it will have little, if any, more desirability or worth than most other current Hot Wheels.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see what the big hullabaloo is over this thing! I like my diecasts to look at least something like a car you might see on the road or race track, not a hot rod chassis with a monochromatic red plastic dragon perched on the back! In some cases wild tamops are OK, because I can always get rid of them if I don't like them, but a car with a "Body" like that won't find it's way onto my shelves. I'll pass and leave them on the pegs for the rest of you.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I must have seen close to a dozen of them when they came out and left all of them.
It really isn't a casting I go for.
As for the value of it, not much more than what a mainline is going to fetch.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Haven't seen one... but I would have passed on it if I did. I have said since the first mention of them on the boards that they weren't anything special... Hard to find? Maybe, but more likely just uber-hoarded instead of rare. With as many cases as there are being produced today, even one per case is not rare. Maybe if it was 15 years ago, one per case would be considered rare..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts