Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vacation officially started today, but I had to call in yesterday because my wife needed admitted. She's developed blood clots. Scary, but we caught it early enough to get it fixed. Now she's resting in a nice hospital room at Barnes-Jewish with some of the best medical professionals we've ever had to work with. Sucks that she won't be here for a couple more days...

Anyway, for the sake of saving money, I'm home, holding down the fort, and on the way back, hit a few places (as always) that I don't get out to very often. Today's find: A Maisto All Stars 1:24 1929 Ford Model A.

Suicide doors!

The rumble seat opens, but it has been replaced with a fuel cell for racing.

It was the only thing I grabbed today, but well worth it, even if it is Maisto Grey.

*The original thread title was to be a "RAOK-y start"...but the box hasn't yet arrived like I had hoped.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
if the box is from me, it should be there soon, it went out way late due to having to send an expensive box in trade to someone, but i will include 3 hunts and the maisto police trailer you've only seen pics of..

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I am glad things are working out. Scary stuff when things go wrong.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Anyway, for the sake of saving money, I'm home, holding down the fort, and on the way back, hit a few places (as always) that I don't get out to very often.
this one made me smile, I usually operate under a similar logic. :hat:

Anyway, all the best for your wife, I know it must be difficult. And thanks for sharing so openly.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
My vacation officially started today, but I had to call in yesterday because my wife needed admitted. She's developed blood clots. Scary, but we caught it early enough to get it fixed. Now she's resting in a nice hospital room at Barnes-Jewish with some of the best medical professionals we've ever had to work with. Sucks that she won't be here for a couple more days...

Anyway, for the sake of saving money, I'm home, holding down the fort, and on the way back, hit a few places (as always) that I don't get out to very often. Today's find: A Maisto All Stars 1:24 1929 Ford Model A.

Suicide doors!

The rumble seat opens, but it has been replaced with a fuel cell for racing.

It was the only thing I grabbed today, but well worth it, even if it is Maisto Grey.

*The original thread title was to be a "RAOK-y start"...but the box hasn't yet arrived like I had hoped.

Hey bro I hope your wife is feeling better and there is no better hospital in that area than Barnes. Great car bro.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's in pretty good spirits, and for the most part feeling pretty good. thanks for the good wishes.

This is officially the largest scale Bucket Rod (though it isn't really a bucket T...) I have. It's looking pretty good surrounded by the rest of them.

And yeah, Craig, it's your RAOK I'm waiting on. I'm just being impatient. I just kept hoping to see it every day, and I figured with my luck, being gone for two days would be the time it arrived. It's cool, and thanks.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
So is this one of those "My wife gets to be waited on around the clock, hand and foot, in a hospital for two days and all I got was a toy car" threads? :D

btw, that looks like a really nice find and best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery. (I always list the highest priority last so you'll remember it first)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We refer to my collecting as "therapy."

In fact, it's a forgone conclusion that I'll stop somewhere while I'm out, regardless of circumstances.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
We refer to my collecting as "therapy."

In fact, it's a forgone conclusion that I'll stop somewhere while I'm out, regardless of circumstances.

Sounds like my girlfriend and I anytime we go to Vons, Walmart, Kmart, etc I always have to stop and see what I can find.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the maisto police trailer you've only seen pics of..
Somehow, I missed this last night (still a bit fuzzy from the trip I guess). I've had the opportunity over the past couple of weeks to grab the camaro hauler, but held off because I didn't know which one you were sending. This is awesome, and I am looking forward to this even more now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts