Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the police car from the first "Robocop", I bought this from a hobbystore cheap after our last Hurricane, got it for a buck bagged with no box or instructions. It seemed appropriate to finally finish it during this one.

It's pretty much out of the box and painted with MM enamels. I purposely tried to "fog" the lightbar on top with crazy glue to make it look more "frosted" and less toylike, it came out uneven and while it's fine for a quickie build-up, if I even do another I'd try a different method. I weathered the tires with sandpaper and tried to dust it with pastel chalk, that's a technique I definately got to read up on more 'cause I mainly made a mess!

Nice addition to my movie car collection tho!

Attachments

·
Starship Class
12,112 Posts
Looks great to me! (I've only had luck sandpapering to fog clear pieces and even using very fine sandpaper, it's not always easy to get an even fogging.)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PerfesserCoffee said:
Looks great to me! (I've only had luck sandpapering to fog clear pieces and even using very fine sandpaper, it's not always easy to get an even fogging.)

Doh!
That didn't occur to me! I wanted to fog it cause the clear plastic is so thick it's way off scale. That's what happenes when you don't (or can't 'cause the comps down) ask the experts first!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks really nice to me, too. I also like the little "dings" in the doors. Intentional or not, they make it look like it's been tooling around Old Detroit for a while -- and needs a wash!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Dullcote is also a nice simple way of fogging the clear plastic.

·
Curmudgeon
6,630 Posts
Ziz said:
Dullcote is also a nice simple way of fogging the clear plastic.
Yeah, providing you use it properly. Too much, and you'll completely obliterate anything behind or inside of the clear plastic, ruining the effect. Just keep repeating the phrase, "Light coats" like a mantra, and you should be okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts