Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while ago, I posted some pictures of the Creature from the Black Lagoon that my friend in Malta painted up for me (I'm in Minnesota). He normally just builds 1/32 World War II aircraft to museum quality and throws in a historical figure or so between builds, but he was anxious to paint up some of the stuff I had as he had never anything like that.

Here is the Robby the robot and the lady figure from Jimmy Flintstone that he painted up. The body of Robby really has a nice metallic sheen that doesn't quite come across in the photos. Hope you guys enjoy, I can't wait to get them back and put them on the shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Very nice. I know a guy that can paint figures like that. I love that skin tone. Translucent and beautiful. At one of my sci/fi club meetings, this guy painted a big Vamirella resin statue. The butt cheeks were somewhat exposed from the outfit. I didn't realize it, but I took 15 or so pics of her rump. Not for pervy reasons, either. Just that the skin was so real in that area. But my wife saw me uploading the club pics that afternoon on my computer.

Boy, was that a misunderstanding! :tongue:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,274 Posts
And I already have the resin accessory that this is taken from. :(

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Very nice. I know a guy that can paint figures like that. I love that skin tone. Translucent and beautiful. At one of my sci/fi club meetings, this guy painted a big Vamirella resin statue. The butt cheeks were somewhat exposed from the outfit. I didn't realize it, but I took 15 or so pics of her rump. Not for pervy reasons, either. Just that the skin was so real in that area. But my wife saw me uploading the club pics that afternoon on my computer.

Boy, was that a misunderstanding! :tongue:
I feel your pain! lol!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys! I can't wait to get them and put them on my shelves, besides Robby and the Lady, he's also finishing up the Creature and the Lady, as well as a couple World War I busts and a World War I figure. He said he had a lot of fun doing them as they are really different than the normal stuff he does and will be sent to see them go.

As far as the leading figure being out of scale, not quite sure about that, some of the pictures it looks like it might be, I didn't measure out the figure against the robot when I got them before I sent them to him. But just doing some quick measurements on the photos and comparing, it doesn't seem like she would be too out of scale compared to pictures of the actress next to Robby?

I am starting to paint figures and I have a long, long way to go to even get close to this. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts