Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Very nice collections guys!

George...in your "other case" picture,there is a robot,what is this robot from? I can remember seeing that robot in some show from years ago but can't remember any details.
Please refresh my memory.

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very nice collections guys!

George...in your "other case" picture,there is a robot,what is this robot from? I can remember seeing that robot in some show from years ago but can't remember any details.
Please refresh my memory.

thanks
Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet I have two of them. The one in the case is 15 inches high this one is 24 inches. Over the years he made appearances on Twilight zone and a many other shows.

or more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robby_the_Robot#Appearances

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
nice stuff. i think robby was on lost in space also

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Thanks for the info about Robby the robot.

No telling where my vague memory of Robbie came from as I watched lost in space,twilight zone and the banana splits all on a regular basis,the forbidden planet dosen't really ring any bells with my memory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info about Robbie the robot.

No telling where my vague memory of Robbie came from as I watched lost in space,twilight zone and the banana splits all on a regular basis,the forbidden planet dosen't really ring any bells with my memory.

Classic SCI FI movie came out 1956 maybe a little before your time :)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Classic SCI FI movie came out 1956 maybe a little before your time :)
It's possible this is where my first memory of Robby comes from as I watched alot of sci fi when I was a kid,born in 64...I do remember this robot was mean,evil and scary.

:)

changed my spelling,noticed I was spelling Robby with an ie :wave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's possible this is where my first memory of Robby comes from as I watched alot of sci fi when I was a kid,born in 64...I do remember this robot was mean,evil and scary.

:)

changed my spelling,noticed I was spelling Robby with an ie :wave:
If you can find the movie you should watch it . Like I said a classic and Robby was a nice guy in the movie

·
Registered
639 Posts
Very cool collection. I love your Robby's. I had one when I was a kid. After the robot from Lost In Space he was my favorite.

Forbiden Planet was one of the first big production Sci-Fi movies and one the all time greats of that era along with "The day The Earth Stood Still" "War Of The Worlds" and "When Worlds Colide" just to list a few. BTW: You can find alot of Robby's over on the Sci-Fi model board.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
hmmm, I wonder where my memory of Robby being a mean robot comes from? maybe twilight zone? or maybe I'm just confused,that was a long time ago :lol:

I've always thought robot b-9 was pretty awesome,I always have this JL model sitting on my computer desk

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I just love the Fire trucks, George. The RTRs are awesome! He did show up on one or two episodes of Lost in Space. In the sixties, it wasn't unusual for very recognizable props to show up on many different shows. It still happens today, though with such complex effects and production they aren't as easy to spot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just love the Fire trucks, George. The RTRs are awesome! He did show up on one or two episodes of Lost in Space. In the sixties, it wasn't unusual for very recognizable props to show up on many different shows. It still happens today, though with such complex effects and production they aren't as easy to spot.
Robbies latest was an AT&T commerical

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres one from 2006 AT&T commerical

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
The plane pix are great. Most of us are driven by a love for cars as you can tell. I'll share a picture of my robot that sits on my desk. When I get wound up I wind up the robot and enjoy watching him walk around my desk...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I love those Robby Robots. The planes are cool too. One of my favorite castings is the Mad Props.

That old timey Bot is tops, 54belair. :) I was into AI for quite a while and would love to have one of those.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts