Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of Rubin Benitez, ROAR’s competition director, Mike Smith and Jim Schauer, Drag Racing will be sanctioned by ROAR for 2010 and beyond. Rules have been submitted and approved. They should be posted sometime mid January 2010. For the most part what everyone was used to running in 2009 under IMDRA will be what will be run under ROAR. The biggest part of this is it allows tracks to become ROAR sanctioned tracks and take part of the affordable insurance policy they have. It also makes us part of a global organization. ROAR is a division IFMAR which is the worldwide org for RC racing. Two major points in the new rule. All batteries must be ROAR approved hard case batteries. This should be no surprise. This was the direction that IMDRA was going any ways. Battery approvals are 3 times a year. They are now approving 3 cells. The other issues are electric motors. Currently Castel is the only approved mod brushless motor. However they have given us one year to get our favorite motor and battery company time to submit. This was a lot of work to make this happen. The ROAR officials and board are very excited about this. Rubin is very committed to making this happen and seeing that it is successful. To make this happen we need cooperation from everyone. Not to complain about what ROAR did in the past. They are making a huge effort in making this work. Please let’s not fall into the issues that plagued us in the past. The best thing is give it a chance to work. Because if this doesn’t work it will very hard for someone to put on affordable races.

If you are a track promoter or owner contact ROAR for sanctioning paper work. If you are a racer contact ROAR and join. http://www.roarracing.com/

If you have any further questions contact Mike Smith at SoCal MHRA.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kenny, As of right now IMDRA which was the org that most people ran under is defunked. There has also been a huge issue regarding track insurance. For a track to get covered is $850 a year and up. By going with ROAR it gives us a nation org with guidelines and affordable insurance. That's why.:wave:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I hope ROAR is quick to approve other motor and battery combinations for electric guys. There is a good number of guys not running Castle Creations motors. If they don't this is going to be the same problem we have in oval racing righ now, people who had perfectly good equipment that are now forced to spend a couple hundred more dollars right off the bat.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Straight line not Circles !!!!
1st off Drag racing R/C cars was my 1st passion for many years here in FLA.
Until all the tracks closed many years ago.
I have not race just Oval in the last 25yrs. I ran on-road with the Fla State series for over 10 yrs. Dirt oval for many years and off-road too.

This was not a Jab at ROAR. I did not know that IMDRA was gone, but just remember there is No IFMAR world event for Drag Racing.:wave:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope ROAR is quick to approve other motor and battery combinations for electric guys. There is a good number of guys not running Castle Creations motors. If they don't this is going to be the same problem we have in oval racing righ now, people who had perfectly good equipment that are now forced to spend a couple hundred more dollars right off the bat.
ROAR is not regulating speedo's either, I believe they approve motors all year long, they also abandoned Oval. I wish them good luck with Drag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kenny, As of right now IMDRA which was the org that most people ran under is defunked. There has also been a huge issue regarding track insurance. For a track to get covered is $850 a year and up. By going with ROAR it gives us a nation org with guidelines and affordable insurance. That's why.:wave:
Mr. Vegas Jim, IMDRA is not defunked.I don,t know where that rumor started but we will be racing next season. The schedule for the 2010 season will be finalized and posted in the next month. A lot of exciting things are being planned and will be anounced shortly.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe what Jim meant was that IMDRA is no longer a "national" organization in the strictest sense going by the fallout from October '09 and preceding events.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
If you think you had problems before, wait till you hear the ROAR!

·
Registered
47 Posts
this was posted on the IMDRA site by the new president....

Hello Racers'
I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Ron Hicks and I am the new president of IMDRA. First a little about my background. I am former military, and currently in management in a fortune 500 company. I have been in r/c for most of my adult life. But my true passion is r/c drag racing. No other form of this hobby gets me more excited than the smell of nitro or the sound of an electric motor in 132'.
We all know it takes a huge amount of dedication and commitment to run an organization and make races happen so I will be looking for ideas, suggestions and volunteers on how to make the racing better. I am also a racer and will always keep racing at the top of our agenda. I accepted this job because I want to see this sport grow and become recognized and it is my personal commitment to help it do so. It is my belief that with fresh ideas and new faces that can be acheived and I will work tirelessly to that end.
The mission is simple 1. Promote and grow r/c drag racing 2. Race as much as possible. 3. Reward an recognize racers in new and creative ways for their achievments and hard work.
We welcome all to use this forum as well, the rules are also simple, Be respectful of others, be positive, and leave your politics at home. I will be very active in the forum keeping racers informed through monthly newsletters. Feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected] or through Pm on this forum. Lots more exciting things are to follow in the coming weeks that are in the planning stages, so stay tuned and remember we do this for fun so lets have some for a change. :D
Regards Ron Hicks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts