Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is official!!!!!!
The ROAR Michigan State championships will be held Aug 20-22 a EMPIRE PARK.

The race was officially sanctioned today.

The electric states will be held
Saturday Aug 21st
With the GAS states being held
Sunday Aug 22nd

Practice will be open Friday night (Aug 20th) to all classes (Electric and Nitro)

The tracks' address is
4150 Orr Rd.
White Lake, MI 48386

You can find maps/directions on www.mapquest.com

Look for the flyers coming soon to a hobbyshop near you!!!

I will answer any questions on this thread.

Thanks
Brian D. Webb

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Congrats to the Empire Track!!
Any idea as the what the entry fees will be?
Also will racers be able to get ROAR memberships at the track on race day?
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not positive how the ROAR memberships on raceday will work....Can someone answer Dans question please, sorry Dan, I don't want to give you the answer when I am not 100% on it.

I will post the pricing ASAP. We are in the process of ordering T-Shirts/Handout Motors, so I will have the total available ASAP.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are tossing the idea of a handout tire around right now as well, or just restricting the field to one style of tire, like possibly Red Taper Pins in rear, I will keep you updated, as we are voting these types of ideas as we speak.

-Brian

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sweet Some Region 5 Racing In Mich

As A Roar Track They Are Allowed To Sign Up Roar Memberships The Day Of The Race And There Should Be A Roar Rep There From The Region I Think For A Level 3 Race(I Think This Is Level 3 ) Something Else Mr.webb Needs To Find Out About(also One -day Memberships Are Also Something To Look At )

Hand Out Tires Lets Do A Poll Im All For It Myself!!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Even with a manditory tire there are alot of inserts that can cost a guy a small fortune. Not to mention that with a hand out tire you can limit the number of sets someone uses, saving racers some money too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
nitrorod said:
Even with a manditory tire there are alot of inserts that can cost a guy a small fortune. Not to mention that with a hand out tire you can limit the number of sets someone uses, saving racers some money too.
I'm definitely a proponent of handout tires, because it eliminates the tire war that could exist and definitely saves money (if there is a limit on tires you can buy). There are several things to consider, however:

1) Entry fee is going to be higher with a handout tire, and that might deter people that don't look further into it... If you want to sign up for stock truck, you're looking at the entry + handout motor + handout tire(s). As long as people understand this, it should be fine.

2) This is going to be a LOT of work for the track. Between ordering tires, and the whole management system behind keeping track of how many each person wants/gets, as well as a system of marking tires to make sure they are legit, it's going to take a lot. Handout motors are going to be enough - unless you have a big crew of helpers, it's going to be hard to do tires.

Another thing to add, is that with my experience, unless the tires are handed to you ready to bolt on the car, people can cheat the rules. I've seen tracks mark the wheels with paint markers, those little star stickers that your 1st grade teacher put on your A+ papers, or brand them with a soldering iron on the sidewall of the tire. Point being: anyone can do this... if you don't want to buy more tires because you brought too many for practice and you want to use up what you brought, it's easy to make yours look legit. This ends up costing the track more money because they purchased a prospected # of tires and ended up not being close.

Jon

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the idea of handout tires as well, but Jon is right, and a lot of others I have talked to are against the idea of it at this particular event. The reason being we will not have the manpower to inspect the tires close enough between every run to keep the handout tires honest. We will have tech officials checking the motors/weight/and width of the cars, but a handout tire is not feasible at this time. We will keep this in mind for future races, as this is a great idea for rc racing, generally speaking.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
As an alternitive you could spec what tire has to run and let everyone bring their own. Say, as an example, Pro-line step pins were the tire choosen, then everyone would buy their own where they want and have to run them. Sure your could use a new pair each run and sure you could have a number of inserts, but that eliminates needing to buy/try 3, 4 or more pairs of step pins, bow-ties, lug-nuts, etc and the inserts to go in them. Tech would be easy, if it has step-pins molded in the side you know it legal and the racer isn't stuck buying a bunch of tires they may never use elsewhere. Also cheaper for the track as they don't have to buy 100s of pair of tires they may have to eat as most times they are not returnable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hank-

I was thinking the exact same thing, that is a great idea.....We just put in the new surface at Empire Park, so when we find out the best tire, we may just enforce that rule!!

-Brian

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Sounds good Brian, I invision Evil twins.... possibly Losi's new tire that comes with the MF2. But it's possible you could end up with a Taper pin track.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im hoping for X's, Evil Twins, something along those lines, so that we don't go through 10 sets in a day, but I also am hoping for very high traction, so it is hard to have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well with the shootout in the books, I can tell you that Red X's were the tire of choice for the top drivers in Mod Buggy....Most of the trucks were running Holeshots or T-2000s.

I think for the state race the tire choice will be very similar.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Confirmation List

The following drivers have pre-registered. I will keep this updated as we receive more through the mail.....Try to get your registration in as early as possible, it makes it easier on the track owner and race director.

1.Burnham, Dan- 2wd Mod
2.Burnham, Dan- 4wd Mod
3.Dankert, Bryan- Stock Truck
4.Horne, Allen- Mod Truck
5.Horne, Allen- 2wd Mod
6.Horne, Allen- Gas Truck
7.Horne, Allen- 1/8 Buggy
8.Lee, Adam- Novice
9.Lee, Glenn- 2wd Stock
10.Lee, Glenn- Stock Truck
11.Logiudice, John- 2wd Mod
12.Logiudice, Johnny- 2wd Mod
13.Logiudice, Johnny- 4wd Mod
14.Perez, Carlos - 2wd Mod
15.Perez, Carlos - 4wd Mod
16.Phend, Dakotah- Stock Truck
17.Phend, Dakotah- 2wd Stock
18.Phend, Dakotah- Mod Truck
19.Powell, Jason- 2wd Mod
20.Powell, Jason- 4wd Mod
21.Ringer, Jon- Mod Truck
22.Ringer, Jon- 2wd Mod
23.Ringer, Jon- Gas Truck
24.Schafer, Craig- Stock Truck
25.Schafer, Craig- Mod Truck
26.Webb, Brian- 2wd Stock
27.Webb, Brian- 2wd Mod
28.Webb, Dave- 2wd Stock
29.Webb. Dave- Stock Truck
30.Wilcox, Nathan-Stock Truck
31.Williams, Billy- Novice
32.Williams, Wade- Stock Truck
33.Williams, Wade- Mod Truck

·
ROAR President
534 Posts
just popped in when I saw ROAR event in the title.....

ROAR memberships should always be available at a ROAR track - for any event. This event, which is considered a level 2 (state championship) does not require a ROAR official, the race director can handle those duties and the single event membership for $15.00 is available to those who choose. The $15.00 is held at the ROAR offices as a lay a way plan in the event the member pays another $15.00 within a year and has the full membership.

Don't forget - Xtreme RC magazine has a form on the ROAR pages in the magazine that you can use to renew or add new membership and for that $30.00 you also get a full year subscription to the magazine (takes about 6 weeks to get the mag, about 2 to get your membership card from ROAR).

Have fun guys!! (also, handout tires would be the track's choice. I would discourage that myself due to increased entry fees and cost to the racer to attend. But, that's my personal opinion)

;)

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions Director
Member Executive Committee

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, thanks for all of the info.....Just a reminder, please download the flyer and get it sent in asap!! The ROAR sanctioned States and Regionals are the 2 biggest Michigan based races in a LONG time!!!

Come on out and have a blast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts