Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's election time for Regional Director. I am one of the candidates and would like to tell you a bit about myself. Here is your chance to help make a difference in your region!!!

Let me introduce myself to those who may not know me.....

My name is Ron DePoto and I live in Milford,CT. I'm 34 y/o and have been an avid racer for 24 years. I currently race 1/10 offroad but spent 7 years racing onroad and will be making my return to onroad sometime in 2010. I have been Jim's assistant director for the past year. During this time I have help organize, run and officiate the following 2009 ROAR events:

CT Offroad State Championship @ RCHR, Waterbury CT
Offroad Regional @ RCHR, Waterbury CT
Nitro Onroad Regioanl @ Control Freakz, Chaplin CT
Nitro Offroad Regional @ Control Freakz, Chaplin CT

Unfortunatly I was unable to attend the Carpet Regional due to a schedule conflict.

I have assisted many ROAR members with problems ranging from membership issues to rule interpritation and violations. I have ties to most of the regions tracks as either a racer or thru working with them as a ROAR official.

I belive that it is important for the Regional Director to make their presence known thruout the region by visiting and patronizing all the tracks reguardless of their affiliation with ROAR. Having a ROAR representative present at all ROAR sanctioned events in the region is also a priority of mine. I also belive that no one person can handle all the resposibilities of the position. To address this I have a great team of fellow racers and enthusiasts lined up to assist me with performing my duties. I have two excelent people ready to take over as Assistant Directors as well. They are Joe Glorioso (fellow offroad and onroad racer with extensive contacts to many of the regions tracks and extensive managerial and organizational skills) and Dave Toth (nitro onroad fanatic, former hobby shop owner and race organizer). I belive that the team that I have assembled can help improve the overall performance of ROAR in the region and increase membership and track affiliations. All improvements made in these areas will benifit the region and ROAR as a whole. It will also improve the quality and quantity of ROAR sanctioned events in the Northeast. It is also a goal of mine to bring a ROAR National event to region 1 in 2011. I also would like to see the return of an Oval Regional (and oval racing in general) and individual State Championship events thruout the region.

If elected I look forward to serving the region as director. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them and I will answer them all.

Thank you.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey Ron my Name is Scott Murphy and I am in the process of building an r/c park in Bethel Ct. It wil have paved on road dirt off road /short course track and a dirt oval the paved on road will also double as a paved oval. We are going to be ROAR sanctioned at the begining of the year we have a thread started here its under rc oval then track discussion. Give a pm sometime and we can get together and go over what is planned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts