Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory Hobbies is very happy to annouce we will be hosting the ROAR Reg 5 Carpet Oval Champions ships on Feb 24th 2007, There will be many classes to choose from and the race fee will more than pleasing also. :dude:

Basically, All classes are $5.00
The extra $15.00 comes from having to pay for a single event membership. We have another in our possible future so then your halfway to the full member.

so total entry for the race is $20.00 for non memeber and the next class is $5.00. We wanted to run a fun race with low entry fees so dad can have little jimmy run something or you can pull out that extra car and be able to afford two classes

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
I’ve read on Novak’s site that sintered rotors are now roar approved, so does that mean for the green bay roar race for the 13.5 class sintered rotors are going to be allowed????? Or is that just a 4300 thing???

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The Reelings can't make, there is a wedding in the family, unless JR wants to reschedule the wedding. Maybe he can run that by Kendell!!! CONGRATULATIONS BOY!!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
yuk17bandit said:
I’ve read on Novak’s site that sintered rotors are now roar approved, so does that mean for the green bay roar race for the 13.5 class sintered rotors are going to be allowed????? Or is that just a 4300 thing???

Thanks
Brian

Brian,

The 13.5 class is not a ROAR recognized class yet. The sintered rotors would be ROAR legal for 4300. I would hope and assume that GB would not allow sintered rotors in 13.5.

Pat

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No The Intent Was Not To Allow The Sintered Arms In 13.5 (cap Button Is Stuck) As Far As I Know It's Not Legal Yet.

Should Be A Good Time I Wanted To Run The Classes That People Are Racing

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I was thinking of making this race but had a few questions, what compounds are being ran and whats a good starting roll-out? Does anybody know of a track near Illinois border that would be comparable to tracks size where I could practice, There isn't alot of oppurtunity to practice since Dekalb closed with AJ. Thanks guys can't wait to get my tail whipped.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
cheatr71 said:
I was thinking of making this race but had a few questions, what compounds are being ran and whats a good starting roll-out? Does anybody know of a track near Illinois border that would be comparable to tracks size where I could practice, There isn't alot of oppurtunity to practice since Dekalb closed with AJ. Thanks guys can't wait to get my tail whipped.
What class were you thinking of running? The typical tire setups work there. Nothin peculiar. For 13.5 I rolled out around 2.90 I think and for 4300 I would probably be around 2.65-2.70.

Your closest tracks would probably be either Dubuque or Kenosha. There are two tracks in Dubuque. The kenosha track's name is His and Hers Hobbies. They have a thread and race on Tuesday nights. One of the Dubuque tracks races constantly and the other about once a month on weekends.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would be running 13.5 and a 10L40, right now I have pink rears and double purple fronts. Dont laugh its working so far finished 2nd at monroe this past sat. nite, any insight on how to set-up for GB, I run the big fronts springs and have the center shock mount with diff. holes? Do you guys run stagger on the rear? I race full size cars and on a flat track the bigger the rear stagger the looser the car should be. Its just with a solid rear axle not sure how this would work. I only run these cars during the winter to keep the eye and hand cordination up. I'm really not sure if this is the place to discuss this type of info so I apologize just don't want to get killed to bad in GB

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
No problem it is the right place to discuss it. With pinks on the rear and double purples in front the car will probably be quite tight. If you wanted to stay with the natural rubber tires (i.e. pinks, purples etc.) 3 dbl pinks and a either a team purple or dbl purple on the right front might work better for you. You could also run 3 pinks and a purple right front, but in my opinion that would have more bite than is necessary for 13.5.

I'm not positive on what you mean by big front springs. The center shock mount location is a pretty fine adjustment, not something you nee to worry about much.

Generally for flat track racing we run reverse stagger in front (left bigger than right) and either no stagger or a little reverse stagger in the rear. What I would do if I were you is true all your tires to the same ssize to start and then allow some reverse stagger to wear in, then occasionally touch up the left side tires to keep the stagger in check.

Any of the guys at GB will be more than happy to help you out. Don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm not running the stock AE springs I run the long king pin and colored springs,not progressive. I would love to sit and ask more ? tonite but need to put the baby to sleep, will try to ask more fri nite so I can be a little better come Feb 24th. Thanks for your input, I'll try anything to find 4 or 5 laps in a 5min race.

·
Registered
405 Posts
--

If you’re going to be in Monroe again I usually race there and could answer any other little questions you might have about GB. I did ok up there for the BRL 7th, surprisingly my set-up was real close to what I run in Monroe, :confused: , somehow it worked out for me. Psimkins knows his stuff and was faster then I was there, so his advice is proboly better, but there's always some things that can’t be explained over the comp. so if you’re ever racing in Monroe feel free to ask any q's.

Brian Cook # 99

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Hey Brian. How many guys have they been getting in Monroe for 13.5 and when do they race now? I haven't been there since the winter before last.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry guys some how the instant notification got unclicked so I did not know of the updates to the thread.
Thanks for the help Pat

Roll out so far has been 2.85 to 3.00 guys are hunting for what works the best track record for 13.5 has been in the 76 5 min (do not remember the exact number) I've been running grn tires on the left side blk rf and wht rr

Friday will be a practice day and we will finish the event in one day. ROAR Rules apply to car classes ( body/ batteries etc)

A flyer can be downloaded from this thread
roar flyer thread

·
Registered
405 Posts
pmsimkins said:
Hey Brian. How many guys have they been getting in Monroe for 13.5 and when do they race now? I haven't been there since the winter before last.
8 - 12 cars running 13.5, depending on if there are other area races going on. It’s not the same track as it once was, it's now a different group rolling out carpet in an elementary gym, its nice carpet, and they start setting up the oval about 5.00 pm. We only run 2 heats + mains, but are in the works of getting 3 + mains and still are gone by 9.30, 77 laps is the fastest ran

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey Brian, this is Jason I race that coors light car, Im just trying to get some insight as to how i can get my car another 5-7 laps. i know i probably don't have the right tires but whether i run white or pink rears the car seems to run the same laps. now i did try some higher voltage packs last sat and turned 72 but was off by 5-6 laps in the main. i did finish 2nd thanks to jeremy dyson being ran into and stripping a spur but that is the most laps ive turned yet. i just want to be competitive come the roar race. thanks for all the advice so far. I found a place to practice on sun., it at the new track in winthrop harbor. Maybe i can find something there.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
nope, We allow any compound, We only ask you wipe off the excess as much as possible ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts