Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS SOME MAY KNOW ALREADY THE MIDWEST TRICLONE HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO HOST THE 2004 PAVED OVAL NATS....

check out www.triclone.com for pics of the track.... i know it is still aways away but u can post questions here for people to answer.. also hotel info is below... THIS IS A CAP TIRE RACE i HAVE talked with alot of people latelt who think just because it is asphalt that we run foams... we do not and have never.. we have always been cap tires.. we run blues and greens just like most the other tracks...

Due to the LPGA Golf Tournament being held in Kohler Wi. the same week as are the Roar Paved Oval Nats at the Mid-West Triclone in West Bend Wi.August 13th--14th--15th Hotels are filling up fast some are full already. I was able to block 20 rooms at the West Bend Inn which is a half mile from the race track just mention the Triclone and Roar Nats for the rates. No other hotels would block rooms but do have rooms available.
West Bend Inn--1-262-338-0636

Super 8 Motel--1-262-335-6788--half mile from track

Country Inn and suites--1-800-456-4000 4 miles from the track There is a three night min. $10 for each extra person in the room

Bonne Bell Motel--1-262-626-8414 6 miles from the race track,clean, best rates, 10 rooms left

Hope this will help you out and I'll keep in touch

Thanks Dave J. Mid-West Triclone

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Mike
Any word on a handout tire yet?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope no word yet.. From what i heard john from bsr will be coming up a few times this summer to test... him and a few of his drivers... they need to find a tire that will work the best in all classes across the board.... i would imagine it would be blues and greens.. this is what we run now.... blue wide right rear..... green narrow left rear..... blue left tire for right front.... blue or green left front

·
Registered
651 Posts
I will be there!

HI Mike mark me down, with a guest! hope to make it up soon as the weather breaks.
The MB, B&B still got a vaccancy?..LOL!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
got an e-mail from David. racers will be able to use personal tansponders at the Nats,Entry flyers will be out soon as well.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes u can use them we just got the new amb and compuer system.. it is as current as u can get,,,

i belive they will have a rulle this year for personal transponders also.. the must be mounted behind the front end.... ie steering arms.. meaning no bumper mounting... we do this so the reeding are fare when people cross the lione at the same time.. no win because u had your transponder mounted 3 inches further forward....

·
Registered
813 Posts
So you're not going to be able to run that 4 foot long bumper with the transponder mounted on the front anymore, eh, Burbs? Can't wait for practice to open.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Damn...I was going to mount mine on the end of an extension arm from a 3rd servo that I could use to swing just ahead of Bruce's car! Bruce!! I am hyped as the sun is now out and no snow.. Time for Tri-Clone! I need to get a car built (typical) ...but I will be racing this summer!

I can practice now..."...Bruce leader on you!" :dude:

Can't be there this Saturday as we have been mandated to be at work for project manager training since corporate America has been "adjusting" financials!

See you guys at the track! :wave:

Kenny

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
u guys prolly wont see me till mid summer...i have some other things i am concentrating on right now...roadcourse and getting my new job and company off the ground is my main thing..

i figured id give u guys a few weeks at the front...

KGB SNIPER U CAN'T HAVE MINE... BUT I CAN SHOW U WHERE TO GET ONE

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well as usual Kenny, You got it partially right. It goes " Bruce Says,leader on Ya, comin' through, Oops, pardon me."

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
now i may partially agree with the bruce up on yah thing< but if i remember last year u had some first turn issues...
now if we can get u to make it through turn one the passing would put u a lap up and not back on the lead lap.. HA HA HA HA SEE U BOYS OUT THERE..

ill be out hackling ya before i race... i started my new job now so i am working a ton ... im no longer bubey the truck driver.. im burbey the welder...

KGB SNIPER U CAN'T HAVE MINE... BUT I CAN SHOW U WHERE TO GET ONE

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It's nice to see newbies at the race tracks (Kenny) :roll: :tongue:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Good one, Hock. I can hardly wait to hit the blacktop again. Time to let those rug burns heal. L.O.L.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but i dont want to hit the wall???????????????????

·
Registered
651 Posts
HEy MIKEY

need my tires Burbs.
I'm gonna start making plans for the trip up there for some cap lesons bro!
Got to head to TN in the middle of June for a wedding then, I'm all race.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts