Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doorbell rings today and standing at my door is a stanger . I ask him if I can help him and he tells me he is Peter and it takes me a minute to relize that its 60sMETAL from HT. I was really feeling bad this morning because I guess I had 1 to many beers last night . Anyway I invite him in and he hands me a bag with not 1 but 4 Matadors in it . Totally catches me off guard and to top it off I feel like crap .
We talk a little and I show him both my cars in the garage . What a nice guy to hand deliever me these cars . I feel kinda bad because he doesn't want any cash or anything . We need to get back together when I am not feelin so crappy and discuss some diecast and see what I can get for him or even go through my collection and see what I can give him .
Both of these cars will be stripped and painted green .
THANKS AGAIN PETER :thumbsup: :wave:
[IMG-LEFT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/Siggy1265/Matadors.jpg?t=1176589136[/IMG-LEFT]

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Glad to see you popped 'em out of the plastic, Bob! Can't wait to see them matching up with the green dream in your garage!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
TOOOO COOOOL, 60sMetal :cool: What a great way to RAOK! :thumbsup:

Congrats, siggy :hat: It's nice that those Matadors have screws on the bases for easy dis-assembly. You should have offered Peter a beer and had some more "hair of the dog" yourself :drunk: :drunk: ;)

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I have also been the recipient of the kindness extended by 60sMetal.
While working on my top up and top down '69 Impala convertible project, I received two copies of the green chrome ragtop from Holiday Classics from 60sMetal.
What a wonderful gift.
Thanks from the bottom of heart.
And here are a couple pictures from that project:

I have also acquired a couple more red top down versions of Tony's Impala to continue doing some more customs in the near future.
I am still looking for the green version from the Gold Series.

Siggy, it is not often that you have a gift hand delivered.
That is a gesture that you can cherish for a very long time.
Thanks for sharing that special moment.

Cheers. Cobra

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congrats on the RAOK, siggy....and 60sMetal, you da man :thumbsup: ....and those are a bunch of fine lookin' Impy's there, Cobra. I really like the black 'vert :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
SkipperC said:
I really like the black 'vert :thumbsup:
Both 60sMetal and myself have done a couple different versions of this casting.
Personally, I like the all black top up version.

Siggy, I like the idea of publicly thanking another member for their kindness
in helping out other collectors with an R.O.A.K.

We have many members here who go the extra mile to assist fellow members.
That is what collecting is all about.
So, I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all HT members who take the time to help out others.
It is certainly appreciated by many of us.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 10 of 10 Posts