Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Random Act Of Kindness. Basically another collector giving (sending) you a diecast gift without wanting or asking for anything in return. Most of the time you won even be expecting it. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
To get RAOK'ed you first have to make great friends online or in person from Diecast Shows or meeting in Stores.....IMHO today's new Collectors are nothing like the older Collectors back then, nothing was hard to find or rare like people think of today's Cars as everything was given away as RAOK's and we all shared with no price attached....I rather trade over selling as many people feel they get screwed someway or another when purchasing a Car from another person from pic's ....This is whats been discussed before in person and on chatboards as you really cant see what you are buying from a pic and you never know if the person smokes to have something sold to you that stinks.

I don't want you to feel this is a rant or anything but only what has been discussed before online and in person....RAOK away and have fun doing it as you are always making the person who you sent the Car too smile:):tongue:

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
The HWC board has many RAOKers on it and even has a RAOK forum. That's how I got started. Got a RAOK in with a trade and I did a reverse RAOK. Then it went from there. The RAOKers will contact other RAOKers and ask for addresses.

There is also the DAOK (Deliberate Act of Kindness) where the receipient knows that the sender is sending it. I've done some of those, too.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I've gotten extra cars from Ebay sellers (whom I didn't even know) on purchases due to the seller possibly getting out of the hobby. I use to do this with baseball cards years ago when I got out of that hobby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts