Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For sure. Bring that old fart Bruce with ya. We hope to see some of the oshkosh and milwaukee boys come race with us. This track will be about the size of oshkosh but real smooth. We set things up for tuesdays to dodge everone elses nights. We will try to get Jason (owner) to plan some saturday races maybe get in on the series race we ran last winter. Maybe region 5 in GB never know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Track will be set up about 2:00pm tuesdays for practice. The road course is going to run every other saturday to leave some dates open for saturday events and practice. Nothing else for right now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sooner the better Dave. Jason the owner is new to oval and the way the oval world revolves so go easy on him.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tuesday the 28th will be the pratice night with racing starting the following week. We will be running three qualifiers instead of two. See you there.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey-who you calling an old fart???? L.O.L. Missed you at the regional race. I thought you were coming???? If Mentzel and I show up , is 3rd place gonna be good enough for you??? Hahaha. Boy I love talking smack.

P.S. I looked at the Oshkosh track. The sanding is done and it is now as smooth as OX's butt.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mashed potatoes are smooth if you spread them right. I haven't seen it yet. I will probably stop down there today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey-Hefty, you're even more famous now. Tres is using your Turbo faceplate for the sample on the Hobbytalk faceplate give-away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was kind of a money thing. I fugured rather than race one day i could get new batterys and motors for the year. The ox's butt comment will wake me in cold sweats. Hope to see you guys soon. We should be down to oshkosh a few times this year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think i saw paragon on the shelf in the hobby shop but not sure about that one. They mostly run rubber tires so not sure. See you guys then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went to Road Rage for oval? yes OVAL practice last night, this place is sweet. First and formost it's got a smooth surface, runline I'm guessing around 160', reminds me a lot of Trackside. The building has it's own hobbyshop and a nice pit area. I got the racing bug as soon as I walked in the door. Being this is their first attempt at an oval program the owners are very open to any ideas that racers may have. If any one is looking for a new place to try out this place will live up to your expectations. Hopefully they will attract engough racers to keep the the program alive. They are planning on racing Oval on Tuesdays, Check the website for details. I think it's www.Roadragehobbyspeedway.com
And yes they allowed Paragon!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Track was fast, it just needs some laps put down. Turn 1 and 2 were slick 3 and 4 were great. I was running three white and grey RF with stock i think corey was running three pinks and purple 19t. Not sure on gearing yet something like a 2.20 rollout in stock is good base. This coming tuesday is the first race night see you there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We had a handful of guys running stock tuesday the track is getting very fast. Turn one and two are still a little goofy but coming around. Me and buddy ran 52 something for laps with 4.5-4.7 lap times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts