Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a two images of my 1/24 Aoshima V8 Interceptor!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
THANKS MATES! ;)

Funny you say that John....The black plastic was so well done I just weathered it as it was. why not? I used thin clear styrene for the windows and buillt up the naked door skins and bare floor panels. By the second film the car was pretty much stripped down to nothing. A chap who built a REAL Interceptor up in Chicago sent me pictures of the interior of a 1973 Ausie Ford Falcon XB without the door skins and interior trim.

I have a second car and the resin kit to build it as the nice looking Interceptor from the first film....I can't wait...the new resin parts fit so perfectly and I'm sure that Aoshima intended to release the kit as the the 'first film version' at one time ....cuz it has the nice complete interior, police radio and decals needed for MFP V8 Interceptor. Aoshima did a very nice job on this kit!

Here is that guys car! http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0405phr_falcon/

Thanks again for the kind words dudes!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lsd!!

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Mike!

It was easy! I just had to go and look at my Wifes car! :p

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
WOW Fluke, fantastic! I've seen a few of these done and your car ranks right up their.
Congrats!
Isn't that true about wives! LOL
Chris

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks heaps guys! :)

Getting feedback like that is cool.....after so may kits the wife and kidz just say...cool Dad, nice, oh yeah....etc etc after looking at it for about 1.8 seconds!

Oh well.....I guess its kinda hard for me to get all fired up about cute little drawings, Barbie & Brat dolls and stuffed critters dressed up in doll clothing.

The second car should be alot easier and more of a painting excersise. Not much scratch building and the interior is already set up for the first film version.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
In the latest Comet ad they mention the other MM car, the Holden. Is that the police cruiser or Toecutters stolen interceptor?

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure if you know but my car is the newer styrene Oashima car, a very nice kit and very accurate!

The stolen car by the 'Night Rider' or Toecutter was the Police V8 Interceptor.....like mine and the one Max uses later in the film. I believe the Holden is the yellow and blue 'smaller' patrol cruiser. I want that one as well. Aoshima did plan on doing all versions but I hear that they ran into liscense problems.... I think?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
No, nightriders' (not toecutters. doh!) car was a holden, an OZ GM, something like a nova, while maxs is something like a torino. (Toecutter was the head biker.)
You car does look more accurate than the first kit put out. That one was off in several ways.

http://madmaxmovies.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts