Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
"Some of the best GLs"
Boy, I'll say you got that right!!!!
Man, I've never realy czecked out this casting, but it holds up under macro-photography amazingly well

My mouth literally fell open on a couple of those shots.
Just perfection in diecast!!! The realizm is astounding.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Excellent Mopar group. I always like the Beep Beeps.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
eXCEPT IN THE WHEEL DEPARTMENT; GL's 69 RR is much better than M2s. The grille is perfect; M2 just hasn't been able to do the grille correctly.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Some of the best GLs"
Boy, I'll say you got that right!!!!
Man, I've never realy czecked out this casting, but it holds up under macro-photography amazingly well

My mouth literally fell open on a couple of those shots.
Just perfection in diecast!!! The realizm is astounding.
Thanks Mr.Lummox, I my First year as a member I had some Help from Mr.Air, WUT and Steve aka StangFreak......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stream Rollers, indeed but not all

eXCEPT IN THE WHEEL DEPARTMENT; GL's 69 RR is much better than M2s. The grille is perfect; M2 just hasn't been able to do the grille correctly.
Indeed you're right on my earlier RR/GTX,..but..there one or two with the correct scale size tire. Hopefully I'll find the time to swap them. I also have the M2 version too and you're again about their Grille too but overall its the closest to the real thing in my opinion....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Mr Camero; I too, have GLs with the newer "in-scale" wheels and tires but M2 offers more correct wheel variations. At one time, I had only JLs and thought they were good but GL and M2's are much better.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read me first

I feel you, buddy...this is just my opinion!, M2 and GL has both halfs to make a perfect RR/GTX...but in the real world this won't be a join merger for the perfect world of collectors....its one of my reason why I took the wheels from a M2 69 stang and replaced the wheels on my first UTH/GL membership car on my 1967 T5 Mustang.....JLs I only collect their older car like Gold Series cars, HW anything that looks real with a metal l chassis, MBX am saving them for my M80s...if you get my drift.....am all about realism...its one of the reasons why collections stays small....There is no company out there with balls to bring out the authentic,detailed, and great stance for Adult collectors nor collectors that crys poverty.and forget what passion for these great cars of our times is all about!...Family, friends ex-wifes made jokes at me for wasting my time but little they know its not their shoes ,its mines!...again that just my opinion....I posted one sample of what I mean....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I have the same UTH Mustang, it was my first UTH Car also. Mine now runs on the newer, smaller Magnums from a GL MCG Hobby package.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh well?

No an extra set of Magnums from a MCG Hobby car.
Maybe I should do the same....When I left the UTH club in 2010....there was talks of wheels sets by GL but I never seen them that why I kind of jump the gun here.....:drunk:

·
Registered
520 Posts
While some people complain about the "repaints" GL (and other manufacturers) do I'd welcome seeing more of these Road Runners and GTX B-bodies done in the future. Mopar had something like 28 factory colors available each model year back then (plus special order colors) and I'm sure GL hasn't done half the colors yet.

How about churning out a few more of these Mopars Russ? These are great castings that should be used again! :thumbsup:

And if you're considering new castings a 1971 Road Runner / GTX would be especially cool!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While some people complain about the "repaints" GL (and other manufacturers) do I'd welcome seeing more of these Road Runners and GTX B-bodies done in the future. Mopar had something like 28 factory colors available each model year back then (plus special order colors) and I'm sure GL hasn't done half the colors yet.

How about churning out a few more of these Mopars Russ? These are great castings that should be used again! :thumbsup:

And if you're considering new castings a 1971 Road Runner / GTX would be especially cool!
Nice! a 1971 or 72 too....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I third the motion! I'd love to see a '71 or '72 Roadrunner done by GL! I have JL's version, but it seems a bit smaller than 1/64 scale. I'd also like to see a '71 or '72 Satellite done as well! "One Adam-12 clear!"

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
BTW...Nice photos you've got there camaro75!:thumbsup: I have a few of those Roadrunners/GTXs already and am looking to add more to my fleet! It's a very cool car to have!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you

BTW...Nice photos you've got there camaro75!:thumbsup: I have a few of those Roadrunners/GTXs already and am looking to add more to my fleet! It's a very cool car to have!
Indeed, am mostly a Chevy guy, but like my Fords,Buicks,Pontiac and Olds you got to have a MOPAR in every collections...well in my opinion?...and the Road Runners/GTXs are my best next to my Challengers,Cudas & Chargers too.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Indeed, am mostly a Chevy guy, but like my Fords,Buicks,Pontiac and Olds you got to have a MOPAR in every collections...well in my opinion?...and the Road Runners/GTXs are my best next to my Challengers,Cudas & Chargers too.....:thumbsup:
MAN! You sound like me!!!:D :thumbsup:
When I started collecting again, I figured I'd buy only the vehicles I really liked. Trouble is...I like almost ALL of them! LOL

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MAN! You sound like me!!!:D :thumbsup:
When I started collecting again, I figured I'd buy only the vehicles I really liked. Trouble is...I like almost ALL of them! LOL
This is why am better off here than in UTH, because here there are more like me than there.....:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts