Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just found the site. I'm looking for a photo of the 1/64 Road Rats waves 1 and 2 so i can check to see which ones I am missing. Does anybody have this or a link to? Jada was no help! Also the Rick Dore1/64 cars seem hard to find. Why? I dont have any of these. Thanks!!!!!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Welcome onespeed. I have not seen much in the way of Road Rats except for a few 1/24+1/64 scale sets in ages. I was not even aware they were still making them. Someone else may have better information for you. I found this one website that had a few singles for sale. Price is a little on the high side I think.

Ediecast

·
Registered
424 Posts
Onespeed I have a set of Rick Dore to get rid of.....................

If your interested message me for a price...............

Also complete sets of VonDutch 1 & 2 if anybody is interested...................

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I have no idea where to find a pictoral list.

If you have a Big Lots near you,there might be a chance of finding one you don't have.
Last I saw,they had a large amount.

·
Registered
240 Posts
RobDog said:
I have no idea where to find a pictoral list.

If you have a Big Lots near you,there might be a chance of finding one you don't have.
Last I saw,they had a large amount.
wow didnt know this what was the price ????

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
there's a good chance that I mistaked the VD for RR.

it was K-mart that had the RR's on sale

'scuse the misinfo....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok the RR wave 1 stuff is pretty easy to figure out. The earlier one have skirt's and the later one's don't. As you can see from the picture's you have a Pink 47 Fleetline, and a Green Flamed Suburban. Those 2 are a bit harder to find. Those I think never came without skirt's. There's a lot of variation that I may not know of, but this here is what I do know so far.

1-47 Fleetline with Skirt's "Pink"
2-47 Fleetline with Skirt's "Gray"
3-47 Fleetline without Skirt's "Gray"

1 -57 Suburban with Skirt's "Black with Green Flame's"
2-57 Suburban with Skirt's "Black with Yellow Flame's"
3-57 Suburban without Skirt's "Black with Yellow Flame's"

1-60 Impala with skirt's
2-60 Impala without skirt's

Nester.............

·
Registered
35 Posts
1-59 El Camino with skirt's
2-59 El Camino without skirt's

53 Bel-Air. These all came with skirt's, as far as I know.

53 Chevy Pick up. These all came with skirt's, as far as I know.

I hope this can help you out.
Nester.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Later I'll post you the wave 2 stuff, and the Rick Dore's. Peace and good lick in finding them all. You should start hunting on Ebay that's were I've been able to find most of mine.

Nester.......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nester, good job summarizing that release. One point, the pink Fleetline you posted a photo of is a prototype, which is recognized by the red wheels. The released Fleetlines had the purple wheels.

Also, you said that all the pickups came with skirts, but I'm sure you meant without.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Bert, I guess there's a lot of top dog's on this board. "LMFAO" I know that 47 Fleet is a pre-production, it actually mine, I got that one thanks to Roy. I just didn't want to shin to much light on it. I'm still thanking Roy, LOL! Thanks Roy. But please feel free to help out with the variation I'm still trying to figure all of them out for my self.

Ya, your right there Bert, the 53 Pick up's came without skirt's sorry.

Nester.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for posting that list Nester. I was looking for more info on wave 1 cars myself. I knew of the variations for the Fleetline and the Suburban, but wasn't aware of the skirts on the Impala or El Camino. Just added two more cars to my "want" list. :D

Re: the pink Fleetline ... I have one of these but the packaging contains English and French text. I'm not sure, but the pink Fleetline may have been an early release in Canada. Which is where I suspect mine came from.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your welcome. As far as that Canadian Pinky "Pink 47 Fleetline" I have understood that the color was taken off the market because it would rub off. I don't know how many are out there or how rare they really are. But I have seen a few of them hit Ebay, and also a few trading post's in the last few month's. You can tell the pre-production and your's apart right off the bat by the different color wheel's. Check yours out it should have pink rims, and mine has the red one's. I have yet to see a American Pinky that ain't pre-production so I can't say what they look like.

Here's a better comparison picture the one at the top is pre-production the one at the bottom is the Canadian one. You can see the difference in color's, wheels, and the script on the back.

Nester...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
The one on the bottom is the car that I have. I got mine from an Ebay dealer several years ago. I remember seeing a few of these listed at the time and the green flamed Suburban at least once. I missed out on the Suburban, but the Fleetline I got extremely lucky with.

I haven't seen either listed for awhile now so I'd be curious to see what they are listing for. Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts