Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks ,
i have thought on and off about this for some time now and finally decided it's time to close up Road Rage Ho. I don't have a firm date yet but since folks are starting to ask and rumors will then tend to fly .... i figure i should come out and tell everyone i will be closing up soon. Some will ask for a reason and frankly the only one i have is that i just seem to have lost the desire and fire i once had. I have found myself slower to produce , respond , follow up and honestly do all that should be done to run a business and give the customer what they deserve. I thought that after taking a vacation i would feel energized and perhaps give it another go. But as i sit here now it's hard enough to even keep a pilot light lit let alone get the fire i once had. So i wish to take this time to say thanks to all my customers over the years and to all the friends i have made . I truely appreciate all you have done for me and the joy and passion for the hobby we shared.

Take care , Dennis / Bear :wave:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
That is unfortunate..

That is unfortunate to hear.
Take a big long break.
Go do something else.
Have fun!
Take care,

Scott

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
It's alway sad news when someone hangs up the closed sign.. :cry: While I can understand the lack of desire, I do believe Scott is right. Take a break, relax for a while, and see if the desire comes back around but don't rush it. Let it come back on it's own.. We'll be here when you do!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Never did get those tires I wanted. Hope to see you around once in a while.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
bearsox,

Love everything that you build as, you have made some incredibly fun stuff. Looking at your pictures in your Photos on HT it just shows the top notch quality you have always put out. Sometimes the harder you work & the better quality bodies and parts you make kinda of just make it seem like that is the way it is supposed to be. Like Stealth slot car building....people just don't see the whole picture. I appriciate all of your pieces in my collection as I could have never made anything like them myself.

I would just like to Thank You for all the hard work and nice things you have done in the slot car world. It is easy and accurate to say that you have made some of the best and funnest slot cars out there.

Rock on bearsox, Bob

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Bear, retirement is good if ya need it bud, bud stop in to chatnow again hate to think you may retire AND get out of the sewer too.. lol.. Good luck and blessing on all you do...

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys ,
i appreciate all the kind words and thoughts. I plan on being around some so you can't quite get rid of me that easy LOL ! Just shut down the business side of things and catching some air. So i'll find my way into the farside of chat again and certainly a race here and there with my buds at Rick's. In the interum i'll slow up some but not so much as to let moss grow on me either. See ya's around !

Bear :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts