Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last car for 2014, wanted it to be a nice one. Figured a nice Dark Red Poly Hemi car would be the way to go but I wanted a 2-tone paint job with it. I've done vinyl tops in the past but I didn't want to go through the whole process. The base for the car would be the Foose Coronet.

The interior is two-toned as well, sort of a faded red (Testors calls this bottle color "Grapefruit") with black, semi gloss like it is vinyl. Everything else was sort of free-style like the pattern and dash colors.

Engine is fully wired and plumbed. Brake lines run off of the reservoir. and battery is wired (but in there backwards i found out afterward). Even have a dip stick.

Overall the car came out pretty good. I haven't built a Coronet yet that I can remember, but it was very similar or identical to the GTX. The black top was somewhat a problem but came off nicely after a lot of work.

...rounded it out with a personal license plate...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Starting work on the first of the new year, emerald green '68 Charger, a non-HP 440 car (turquoise engine). Trying to fabricate a factory a/c unit for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts