Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have looked at South Texas diecast and they only list one redline red Custom Firebird, yet here I have 3 totally different seat colours, the standard olive, the early white, and judging from the deep dish tyres on the front, the early gold seats too! My question is, are GOLDSEATS a known or common variation on the HongKong RL Custom Firebird???
The Mustang in the centre & the roofless one came from the same childhood childhood collection as the goldseats Firebird, and they also have deep dish front tyres with standards on the rear.
I can see that I need to clean the wax outta the cracks on a couple of these that needed a buff up, and the white seats sure do show the grime :freak:

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
might get more responses on the Vintage board....

but as far as I have read, there are no more valuable or rare colors when it came to interior colors, sounds like they were just random

there is a note in Tomarts on the Custom Firebird interiors...
"The red version with the red interior and the blue version with the blue interior, although not too difficult to find, are quite popular and a little more expensive than other models"

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Nice lot you have there. Here's a tip about Southtexasdiecast.com: they only list what they are aware of or have in hand. There are many variations of contemporary pieces that they don't list simply because they have never personally seen them. Have you tried to leave a message on the STDC forum about your car. Rob may have answers for you. Otherwise, you might have to cross reference many other sources. Good luck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Although it doesn't quite answer your question, here is a great reference site for variations on the redline cars.

Also, there is a rare interior version of the Custom Firebird, the brown interior. Even more rare is a brown Custom Firebird with a brown interior.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although it doesn't quite answer your question, here is a great reference site for variations on the redline cars.

Also, there is a rare interior version of the Custom Firebird, the brown interior. Even more rare is a brown Custom Firebird with a brown interior.
Thankyou very much for this wonderful link to an awesome site - I wont have any problems spending another hour looking at the great histories of each casting.
I can see now that my new car is probably nothing special except for the fact that it has early front tyres on a late colour interior but in theory the tyres can be swapped.Nevertheless they are all keepers - as a child christmas 1969 I received 2 redlines - the olive Custom Firebird shown in the pic (I didnt abuse it!) and an aqua Deora so I collect all Firebirds and Deoras that come my way.........
Thankyou to everyone who replied - STDC is greatest for HW of the past 20 years - like most current HW collectors I add redlines whenever the price is right but find that the Vintage forum here sometimes goes a whole week without any posts, unlike this excellent HW forum:wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts