Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a rumour going around that the track is being bulldozed. The rumour is not true and we ask that whatever the person or persons are smoking to please share because it sounds like its good stuff. The city is closing the golf course and has asked for the schedule so they can have the restrooms open for our racedays. Any questions please pm me and ill get the ahold of the people in charge of the track to answer anything. This is not 3rd grade!

On another note this coming weekend June 2 and 3 is cornbelt weekend 2. I will bring a grill and burgers to Dodge for all racers and there family. Jimmy Patton is bringing soda pop and chips. I think my wife is going to bring tater salad. If anyone wants to help out let me know. If anyone wants to let me know if there coming it would be nice. :wave: Otherwise ill will see you there on saturday.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Now why would someone start a rumor like that?

I will be there to support Ft. Dodge, Zach has a DH that day so he wont be there. I can bring some cookies or something.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I will be at both.

There is also another rumor going around that Jeff is an awesome driver! LOL!

Jeff, the food thing sounds great! Anything I can bring? Need a little money for food?

Also, there is NO talk by any Fort Dodge city official whatsoever about the track being closed. They just asked Jim for the schedule so they can have the restrooms open for each race.

Later....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be at both.

There is also another rumor going around that Jeff is an awesome driver! LOL!

Jeff, the food thing sounds great! Anything I can bring? Need a little money for food?

Also, there is NO talk by any Fort Dodge city official whatsoever about the track being closed. They just asked Jim for the schedule so they can have the restrooms open for each race.

Later....
Nope no food just bring your stomach lol. At least someone thinks jeff is a good driver, i think hes a pain in the butt my self lol. See ya saturday

·
Registered
898 Posts
Musetta made us some homemade cookies and brownies for me to bring to Ft. Dodge. I have taste tested them and they are good and hopefully will make it to Ft. dodge, I do have to be in the truck for two hours with them. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummmmmm! I got the key for the restrooms today so we are good to go! (pun intended)
Awesome my wife will be happy. I have 48 burgers with fixings and grill all packed up ready to go. Cant wait to race. I guess if guys want to eat better get there early lol.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
check out the QSAC website for your track and let me know if everything is correct or if something needs to be added or changed.

·
Registered
898 Posts
What a great day at Ft. Dodge, it was in the 70's hardly no wind, sunshine, great food and great racing, 8 sprint cars were at the track, one broke during practice so seven raced, we had 7 sportsmen at the track but one pulled his car becasue he had issues so 6 raced, we even had electrics show up, 4 race but it looked like there were more, they were just not racing. Thanks Jen for running the computer, great job as usual.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey Iowa guys, does Riverfront have a website at all? I'm just looking for any info I can find before hopefully coming down this weekend. Is the pit area shaded? I loaned out my canopy for this weekend and want to know if I should pick up a case of sunblock :cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Iowa guys, does Riverfront have a website at all? I'm just looking for any info I can find before hopefully coming down this weekend. Is the pit area shaded? I loaned out my canopy for this weekend and want to know if I should pick up a case of sunblock :cool:
NO shade! You can pit under mine if you like.
The two tracks are very similar so set up is about the same. May have to adjust a little from Algona as that will be a night race and Riverfront will be in the blazing sun! I will see you in Algona.

Steve Mc

·
Registered
474 Posts
Lol, probably no dip for me. And Steve, you didn't see my car last race at Algona. I have to adjust ALOT :)

Thanks for the info guys. I may take one of you up on the shade.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't blame you. It just not a pretty sight when Jim takes a dip. The further you are away from the river, the better.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had fun yesterday guys. Thanks for all and any help with my car. I can't wait to come back down. I was just wondering if the results get posted anywhere?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had fun yesterday guys. Thanks for all and any help with my car. I can't wait to come back down. I was just wondering if the results get posted anywhere?
Algona races + Cornbelt races will be posted on their site. http://www.veteransparkspeedway.com/

We will get an email of results. Send me your email to [email protected] and I can forward to you. I will also get your email to them so you can get the results direct.

Reno

1 - 20 of 20 Posts