Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Great product

With the associated adjuster, I used to almost have to hand fit each adjuster ream the adjuster and the sand it to fit in the side pod. The IRS adjusters fit very good, they fit the bearing nice as well as the side pod mounts, plus you have twice the adjustment. Great product.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I dont know how the dots convert.. I know 3 dots is not the same as 3mm...

but these fit much nicer>>>I STILL REAM them when they are in the pod.. while the fit is better, it still leaves a slight bind in the bearing.If you want the axle to spin forever the reamer is valuable reguardless of the brand of adjusters..

The only downside to the adjusters is the plastic is more brittle... Ive broken a few..But I still would not roll on anything but the IRS ones right now.. Like Rob said it makes ride height changes a snap..

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
With the pod assembled and the carries in place***Without bearings.. I run a reamer through the bearing holes... It basically lines the 2 up and removes the little bit of excess matl that binds the bearings... ***The kicker to it is FINDING a 3/8" dia Straing LONG flute reamer.. one that has enough straight flutes to do both blocks at the same time... Trinity used to make one back in the day... I found one at a local machine shop...

Its kind of funny... you see the little bit of nothing the reamer removes and think...what will that do.. UNTILL you reinstall the bearings and axle..

With the IRS ones The reamer is easily used by hand>>>they are that close.. the associated ones I have to drill then ream...

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are some cars that the IRS ones just don't fit right in, CRC GEN X 1/12, Some Custom Works cars, thats two I know of.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
chart:
IRS
0-.235
0.5-.215
1.0-.195
1.5-.175
2.0-.155
2.5.-135
3.0-.117
3.5-.100

Assc.
4-.100
1-.140
2-.190
3-.235

Measured from the bottom of the bearing hole to the bottom of the carrier,going towards the thin side.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
SOBEIT said:
There are some cars that the IRS ones just don't fit right in, CRC GEN X 1/12, Some Custom Works cars, thats two I know of.
when I was on CW I never found a carrier that fit that pod right... All of mine were sloppy.. I used to have fits with that car..

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Has anyone been able to try the Kawada ride height adjusters, they come .25 mm adjustments. I don't know of any one who has there line of cars or a US importer of spare parts for the 1/12 scale car.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Mike,
Other than them being made better (assuming that they might be) why would anyone want ride height adjusters that come in increments of 1/4 mm (.00984")? Your tires wear more than that each day at the races.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Rick, Chassis ride is just as important as tweak. It's a major tuning aid and is over looked by allot of people. Yes your tires may wear more then that during the race day, that's why I will change my ride heights adjusters every round if I have to. To keep the chassis heights were I want them to be. Changing the front ride height when tires wear is a little trickier since it also changes toe in/out. The idea is to keep the chassis height the same throughout the day and eliminate that as a variable.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I would agree.. And often times Im IMBETWEEN on IRS ones...so I end up adjusting the front as well... which I hate doing..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts