Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder...this weekend is Brad Bennett's Slot Car Show in Richfield, Ohio at Quality Inn.

Anyone going? I will be there....lots of great deals on AW slot cars and sets.

Jeff

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll be there with about 300 vintage HO cars, Customs, parts, some 1/32, AMT Turnpike set w '66 Impala, Eldon Big Bend HO set w/Charger & Mako, and lots of other stuff.
-Joe Saccomanno

·
Registered
131 Posts
We go every year. Its pretty incredible to imagine so many thousands of HO cars just a few miles down the road. If you have never been to an event like this, you should make the road trip to Ohio.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Bob Beers and I had all intentions of going to the show but wont be able to make it this time.Bob can't make it and it's tough for me to drive that far alone.I need a driver.Thanks Tom Stumpf See you next show

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Bob Beers and I had all intentions of going to the show but wont be able to make it this time.Bob can't make it and it's tough for me to drive that far alone.I need a driver.Thanks Tom Stumpf See you next show
Sorry to hear that. I always look forward to seeing all the people there.

I'll be there with Dave Jordan.

Marty

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
I will be there set up and selling. I am sorry to hear that you will not be there Tommy. :-( I will have my usual bargain bins there along with some slot cars. Hope to see you all there. Oh yeah, I will be there with a "new helper" so be kind to him! It's his first time! He is a slot car show virgin! :)

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Your corner just won't be the same! You'll both be missed. :(
Hope to see you in April. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
I'll be there too, partspig for tires, Jeff for AW cars, Mike for MEV cars & rims but will miss Tom & Bob for chassis & cars. Seems like Xmas & do not forget Brad's & Bobby's large displays!!! ...RL --- Maybe an original BLK Aurora Cabover mint for sale -looks to good to sell!!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any T-jet 66 Chevy II bodies or cars?LMK
Dragula
Dragula,

AW cut production back on Release 5 Tjets ....66 Nova's are in very short supply.
I did talk to Tom Lowe and Tony at AW concerning doing another run of them but no word as to if they will.....It might help if all of the Hobby Talk members were to call and request doing a re-run and maybe they would listen. Just a suggestion!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
polishing wheel

I will be there set up and selling. I am sorry to hear that you will not be there Tommy. :-( I will have my usual bargain bins there along with some slot cars. Hope to see you all there. Oh yeah, I will be there with a "new helper" so be kind to him! It's his first time! He is a slot car show virgin! :)
Hey guys, I use basically the same method, but instead of the wire wheel or an abrasive wheel, I use a rubberized polishing wheel. They work much better than a wire or abrasive wheel, as they remove much less material and polish the shoe at the same time. Which is a good thing. I do have the mandrels and wheels available on my website in various grits from extra fine to coarse. A complete set of grits and a mandrel will set you back only a few bucks.

Could you bring some with you to the Richfield show?
(save one for North Coast H.O.)

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
Hey, I had them (polishing wheels) in my parts boxes, but failed to sell even one wheel. I was really disappointed in the turnout at this show. Maybe it was the football game! Maybe it was because the three Amigo's were not there! I still had a real good time seeing old friends and those two trouble makers from Canada! Can't wait for the next one!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Hey, I had them (polishing wheels) in my parts boxes, but failed to sell even one wheel. I was really disappointed in the turnout at this show. Maybe it was the football game! Maybe it was because the three Amigo's were not there! I still had a real good time seeing old friends and those two trouble makers from Canada! Can't wait for the next one!
It's a funny thing, I go there with nothing in mind to buy, but still manage to burn through the budget!.....which is why I never got to the wheels. Turnout seemed a little off at the spring show too, but still good.
I remember the first of Brad's shows that I went to (not sure of the year) when it was in a pavilion in the park. A LOT smaller than now.
It's still great to spend a few hours among people who have the same interests with tables full of neat stuff, catching up on the past six months since that last time you chatted.
We'll all do it again in six months!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Well, all I can say was I had a blast there.. other than the nagging cough and cold I fought this past week, and the stress of the drive in a fidgity blazer. Had a great time meeting Jeff from Motorcity toys, Xracerho and guidepin (you two are dangerous together!! :lol: ), I think I saw superfist, but never got a formal introduction, had a nice chat with MEV, a visit with Bob Malta ( tubtrack ) who owes me for a jump start after the show!!, and slotcar Johnny. There was a TON of cool stuff there, but the wallet was thin, and I had to think of the possible tow home and the completely depleted checking account I would be coming home to. All the same, it was a fun adventure and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
All the guys I was with had a good time.

But the real fun was at the Quality Inn bar the night before.
Because in one of the conference rooms next to the bar,
they had one of those women's toy parties.
We got thrown out of there and they put a sign on the door "Keep Out".

·
Registered
641 Posts
The nicest things I got at the show were;

Two Wildcat 0 degree timing 3 ohm road race armatures,
from DC HO Motors http://dchomotors.com/

One of the new Zoomin Motorsports Camaro resin cast bodies.

And I got a great deal on some SuperTires from partspig,
that were clear silicone. I bought all of those.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts