Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
37,126 Posts
I guess the ran out of funds before they got around to designing the rear end. :D

·
Administrator
37,126 Posts
I believe these are rough copies of the 'Matchbox' casting.
I read and hear about 'copies' by different brands a lot. To me nothing about the Rhino casting resembles the design lines or details of the Matchbox version. The most generous that I can be is - both Rhino and Matchbox made a 1962 hard top Corvette casting version. :cheers2:

·
Administrator
37,126 Posts
Did you measure this one to determine its scale? If I remember correctly you use the overall length to determine that - right? MB lists 1:58 on some (most) of their castings. I will let you know what one of my MBs measures out and post it here.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I had to come to the PC. Saw an ad for our $20 million lotto tonight.

Matchbox 1:58.
Rhino 1:59

But many variables. Length, width, axle placement. I use cm measurement.

·
Administrator
37,126 Posts
I have started doing height as well. Here in the US we refer to axle placement as wheel base. For downhill gravity racing I will also measure the wheel track based on the distance between wheels - front and back. 🤙

Good luck on your lotto picks. 2 of ours are in the 300 million range and one is back to just 15 million with drawings tomorrow and Wednesday.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yes wheelbase used here. My comment was more related to where axles are placed on the base. The Rhino could actually be 1:58 but the average of all measurements put it at 1:59.
Ha ha. No chance of me winning big mate.

·
Administrator
37,126 Posts
Yes, for most of them there is a cash value option and a 20 year pay out option. And you get a 1099 (basically the tax bill) for anything over $600 IIRC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts