Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the HobbyTalk appreciation gift program in April 2004. It's been three years now, and I've given away over 1,700 cars. I have about 75 HT 350Z's and 150 HT Daytona's left. When I started shipping the Daytona's in 2005, I established a policy of sending two Daytona's to members of five years or more. This would give the Senior members two of each car. Since I'm now getting low on cars, I need to revise the program to help insure the maximum number of members will be able to receive at least one of each car. Accordingly, I will only send the 350Z to members on their 1st and 2nd anniversary. Anyone who has been a member for three or more years should already have two HT 350Z's. Additionally, I will no longer ship two Daytona's to Senior members. However, I will continue to send HT Daytona's to members of three years or more for as long as they last.

I hope everyone understands the need for these revisions.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sharing, sharing, and sharing.
Good idea Bobby.
This way more members will get the opportunity to benefit from your hospitality.
I am certainly in favour of this revision.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I'll jump on board too. My anniversary is coming up next month, but since I already have 2 of each (plus an all white Daytona 1 of 10 - yes!), I'll respectfully pass on requesting the gift in April. May this help more members enjoy these great cars from Bobby.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
The preceeding 2 responses fall right in line with my thinking. I have one of each and I'm happy to have them. I don't feel I need duplicates and wouldn't feel right about using extras for trade bait. We have new members coming on board every year - they deserve a shot at getting these cool cars.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have to concur with what others are saying. Now that I have one of each, I will try to refrain from requesting any additional cars (keep in mind, I don't remember so well). If I do request cars, just ignore it and tell me I told you not to if I start to whine. :D Hopefully that will extend your program at least a little bit.

Btw, Thank you for all the great things you do for this board and the great cars!!

1up

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
You've definitely been more than generous to all of us Bobby - if they're still around next January, I'd like to pass them on to another member.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i'll take a pass on the 350z and daytona

thanks bobby!i've got a couple of each already, you can pass on sending me the z and daytona on my anniversary.

let someone else enjoy these special cars.

see you later,

joe

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i agree bobby.. and i didnt ask for one last year. so someone else could benifit.
its a great thing you do for us. thank you.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
rwwcarguy said:
However, I will continue to send HT Daytona's to members of three years or more for as long as they last.
So, no HT Daytona's on the 1st and 2nd anniversary, or did I misunderstand?

Three years is a long time to wait :( Buying this car of E_Bay just feels very very wrong.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am truly appreciative :thumbsup: of each of my Hobby Talk cars that now have their own shelf.......I think the adjustment is quite appropriate and next year I'll put my hands under the keyboard and not request a car for that year.

It will be hard but I know I can do it.......On a separate note I was able to purchase a Z from E-bay recently, not to corner the market but to make sure that it had a good home and wasn't lonely missing its fellow HT Z's !

Thanks once again to Bobby for all of his efforts and generosity ! :wave:

Jim C.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Thanks for all you have done Bobby. My time is up next month but I have them already, I would like to hit you up for one though to donate to a friends collection. I tried to get him to join up. I do register the ones I give him with JL registry. Maybe one day I can talk him into opening one of them.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Good Policy bobby

Bobby,

Going on seven years now...I would be happy to donate my cars this year to newer members as well. I have a few 350z and 1 Daytona so all is good.

I am just glad to be able to post here and have a good time communicating with my 'peeps'

·
Registered
7 Posts
G_G said:
So, no HT Daytona's on the 1st and 2nd anniversary, or did I misunderstand?

Three years is a long time to wait :( Buying this car of E_Bay just feels very very wrong.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. We will send a HT Daytona along with the HT 350Z to members on their 1st or 2nd anniversary. But we will only send the HT Daytona to members of three years or more since they should already have two 350Z's.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
94SS said:
Bobby,

Going on seven years now...I would be happy to donate my cars this year to newer members as well. I have a few 350z and 1 Daytona so all is good.

I am just glad to be able to post here and have a good time communicating with my 'peeps'
ditto for me !

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I've got two of each, so I don't need any more. Thanks for the cars, please use any you were going to send to me for newbies!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bobby - I'm truly grateful for the cars I've received through your largesse! Let the new HT Members have any more that would have been earmarked for me.
Thanks again,
jeauxcwails

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Remember......... Bobby doesn't automatically send these cars to everyone on their anniversary. You have to send an email to him to request them. So, all you have to do in order not to receive them is............. nothing.

No email......... no car. Pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts