Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His Lady’s Favour - Revell’s (not so) Golden Knight of Nice.​

Finally put this one to ‘bed’ after a few months slog. This was right on top of the nostalgia tree fro me, having had and all but destroyed the original Aurora version as a kid and a young adult!!!

I was over the moon when I heard that this was to be re-released by Revell. Can’t say that I enjoyed the assembly process with the gaps and bits to be filled etc. but now that it is finished I can sit back and enjoy.

I wasn’t happy about a gold suit of armour so went down more traditional lines of steel. The reason he his holding the bit of cloth, and hence the title, is that the sword came with the tip missing, I guess the age of the moulds was responsible in part for this. So instead of replacing the blade I intended to have him holding his helmet as if he had just removed it from his head.

Then I felt that the helmet would look better on his head, but I still wanted his face showing so I placed it as you see it. That left an empty hand to be filled and as I had already re-sculpted it to take the helmet I couldn’t fit a sword back in so instead I went for a knight returning from battle with a keepsake from a fair maid. I scratch built the sword in its scabbard.

Given the scale, had I been a more conscientious modeller and not getting bored, I should have given a bit more detail to some parts, but….. I had other things to get on with.

The horses’ tail is Plumber’s Hemp – originally the hair around the fetlocks was going to be this stuff, but I balls’ed it up and removed it.

Anyhow, many thanks Revell for a grail kit.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Great looking kit.The face looks really detailed.It's amazing what a good shading in colors can do to add realism to a basic figure,:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent work!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nicely converted and I really like the way you've painted the face. He has a Sean Connery look about him...

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Very nice job on the Gold, oops, Silver Knight. Your detail work really makes him stand out and as already stated, the metal is perfect. It will look great on your shelf.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
cs,

I know there really was painted armor for show, but mostly it looked the way you've done it. I also know the olde Aurora molds require extra work to make a decent model. I therefore conclude that any sow would be proud to have you make a silk purse out of her ear! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks fantastic! Nice job. :thumbsup:

On the matter of the missing part, contact Revell thru their web site or CS number and ask them to kindly send you a replacement. They do that stuff. :)

Regards,

geoffdude

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Beautifully done!!:thumbsup:

I also had this kit back in the 60's it was one of my favorites.

I like your modifications... very cool!!

- Denis

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I built this one last year. I'd never had it before, but was excited as it is a big kit. It took me over a month of sporadic working on it to get the horse's crotch seams filled and sanded. I went and bought a set of small files and a Dremel tool, even! It is a very old mold, though, and if this kit is ever re-popped by recreating it, it would be a greater pleasure to build.

Here's a shot of mine, in gold.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the kind comments folks, makes the effort worthwhile. As I said this model holds particularly fond memories as it was released around the time my Dad got me into 'horror' kit modelling with Aurora's monster releases.

This one always had that something 'special' about it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well, can't say much on that, Mark. ;) I'm just glad it's done. I had similar, but smaller problems with the Atlantis Zorro kits horse. I think the Moebius Cofederate Raiders horse will be better when I get around to building it.

Larry

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
...I had similar, but smaller problems with the Atlantis Zorro kits horse.
Again with the weird horse talk, LG? And belittling (pardon the pun) Zorro's horse at the same time, no less. Really, for your own good, I'm going to bring you up to the shrinks at my next Pyrophiliacs Anonymous session at the South Bend General Hospital's burn unit. :hat:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Excellent job on this great kit, it's always refreshing to see modelers alter these kits into something to suit their own ideas. the knight's face is a very well done paint job, and thank you for sharing this great model with us. Karl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts