Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woohoo:
I finally finished my Revell reissue of the Wolf Man and wanted to share the results with everyone. This is the first plastic kit that I’ve tried to build in 18 years. I still have a long way to go and lots of skills to hone but I am still very proud of myself for completing the kit and am pleased with the way it turned out.

Built him out-of-the-box. Only change I made was replacing the kit skull with the spare skull from my glow Nosferatu kit.

Enjoy!

A.U.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Looks to me like your skills are coming along very nicely!!:thumbsup: Nice work!!

Thanks for posting.

- Denis

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
A.U.

Very nice and clean work...love the drybrushing on his fur!

Hey...nothing wrong with your skills....you are right there with us on kit building so don't let a little frustration deter you. You've done an EXCELLENT JOB!!!

Now for the next kit...which is?

MMM

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Your first kit in 18 years???!!! Hey it looks great! It looks like your painting skills are well in tact.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I agree with all of the above!...Great Job:thumbsup:
The Wolfmans eyes are awesome, and the drybrushing really brings the detail out in this cool kit...
Mcdee:wave:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
You either never lost your skills or developed some new ones in those 18 years. Very nice job, I like the highlighting on the figure himself. I have a more cartoonishly finished version, none of the highlighting, mainly solid coloring. But I am getting good ideas from you guys and should start my Wolfman soon also. Again, great job, thanks for sharing and giving ideas.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all the compliments! :):):) I’m glad you all like the way he turned out. It has really made my day readin everyone's comments (absolutely horrible at work…don’t ask).

The eyes were real tough for me but I was able to a result I liked because of the guidance I received here so “Thanks” again guys:

https://xenforo.local.svc.cluster.local/threads/271235/

As for what’s next…. I would like to build all the original 13 monsters. Last ones I built were in ’91 or ’92 that were released by Monogram. I was in my late teens at that time so I don’t really remember the exact year but I had Frankenstein, the Creature and the Mummy. I’ve got all the current Revell reissues so probably one of them or maybe my reissue Monster Scenes. I am really wanting one of the new Moebuis Frankensteins. Maybe the wife will surprise me for our anniversary this Sunday. The weather will be getting cold here soon so I might have to wait til spring. I can’t convince the wife to let me spray primer in the house.:(

Thanks again everybody for making me feel at home here with you.

A.U.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
It looks great Ark!! I love it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You've got nice detailing in the fur, the Nossie skull looks heaps better than the standard one, and the base is really well done. The shadows and highlights are spot on too.
Overall excellent!!
I'd love to see what you do with the other monsters in the series....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys!:) I started on Frankenstein last night, so I promise to show everyone when I'm done.

:eek: What th - ? You actually finished a model???
I was amazed too:D Do I qualify to submit an application to join up with the BSM????? (Great site BTW)

Mark, you caught me. I forgot to gloss the eyes and mouth. Well back to the woods....I mean bench.

A.U.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
A.U.,

How'd I catch you? I didn't say nothing about your Wolfie's eyes and mouth. But I should have, and mentioned everything else as well. Only now it's too late 'cause everybody else has already paid all the compliments I'd have thought of.

Glad you like the Black Swamp Modelers web site. It's a Special Interest Group within the IPMS for Modelers Like Us. We charge dues (pro-rated for the cycle that began in June), which help finance the SIG's activities and, I hope, add value to one's membership. In return, members get a spiffy BSM iron-on that is renewed each year, a Certificate of Membership (suitable for framing or lining a cat pan), and the privilege of posting your photos and other material on the site.

Each year I have awarded the coveted Black Swamp Modeler Trophy for best Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Dino, etc., model in IMPS Region 4. Next years the dues will allow me to create as many trophy plates as needed for members in other IPMS regions to make up BSM awards in their own localities. BSM trophy winners also get a free year's membership in the SIG, so we're doing everything we can to promote our end of the hobby spectrum.

So if you're interested in joining up, A.U., by all means do so! You'll be very welcome. Still more, you'll be a Black Swamp Modeler!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts