Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the Wolf Man. Its the Revell re-issue from 1991. Sorry for the glare in the pics.

Hooty

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
sweet work Russ:thumbsup: . esp. the face ( that mouth is tough to get to look right ) .
i really like the color /contrast you got on the name plate .
to me a nicely done name plate on a really well painted kit adds that final "pop" .
hb

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, fellas!

Beck--- Hey there, my friend! Yeah, the face did turn out ok, but not before giving me a headache. Had to go over it two, to three times, to get it to this.
I got the idea to paint the name plate, this way, from the PL long box. Aurora could make a monster kit, just not much of a name plate. They all were rather plain looking. I'm thinking of getting new name plates at a later date.

Hooty:wave:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Great job, love the highlighting and detailing. Makes my rather bland one look, umm, rather bland! I have another out in the workshop I am going to attempt to do some similar tricks as yours on someday. But again, a very nice model, one of the original classics.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Well done Hooty!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
He looks great!!

Chris.:)

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Another nice job Hooty. Eyes are vibrant.

The kit is classic in it's simplicity. Doesn't look a lick like Universal's Wolf Man, but he sure is a fierce looking wolf-man!

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Very nice work, Hooty!! The Aurora monster models are always fun to build and they do look very cool!! - Denis

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Nice job, Hooty on this classic kit! Great detail work!

Now if only I could get a certain someone to make a new base for this kit...wink,wink!;);)

MMM

1 - 20 of 26 Posts