Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks,..............
I saw on megahobby.com website (comming soon), that revell will be re-issueing the flying sub.

I sure do wish that PL would have re-popped it

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
F91 said:
Frankenstein, Wolfman, Prisoner, CFTBL, Witch, Mummy, etc... No big deal, either way, It's getting done, Which is cool.
Do those molds still exist?

In any case, what should PL do, offer to buy the FS molds from Revell (who wouldn't sell them), or do a reverse-engineer mold-making of a kit that has a perfectly good set of molds existing, and have Revell sue them for copyright violation? Hm?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
F91 said:
Frankenstein, Wolfman, Prisoner, CFTBL, Witch, Mummy, etc... No big deal, either way, It's getting done, Which is cool.
Of course (as you must obviously know) PL didn't repop those kits (Witch an Prisoner being special exceptions).

If you read the box, they were "CineModels kit DISTRIBUTED by Polar Lights". "Manufactured for Cinemodels by Revell-Monogram, Inc."

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Revell owns Frankenstein, Dracula, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature, Kong, Godzilla, and Forgotten Prisoner. Those were repoped for Polar several years ago. The Witch, Hunchback, and most others were reversed engineered by Polar as the molds are long gone.

The last kit repopped by Revell/Monogram for Polar Lights was the Forgotten Prisoner and that was a couple years ago. Currently, Revell and Polar are not working together to release product. This may have something to do with Revell getting into the diecast market and viewing Playing Mantis/Johnny Lightning/Polar Lights as competition.

You can probably bet that is why Polar has not released the Flying Sub. That is most likely why Revell is.

Steve

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Anyway, the point it, the FS IS being released, so what's the problem? :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
i also noticed under the glencoe release that the lindberg space transport and space station are also scheduled for this year. promises promises, they've had those listed off and on for 5 years, maybe it'll happen this time?? ok, so there's no tv tie in, i still like them for nostalgia reasons

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
Wow, I remember that Lindeberg space station - I remember buying it so long ago I had to ride my bike to the store! I think I still have obe of the solar collector troughs in my scrap box...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
John - Is that the one that had a flat landing pad at the hub of the station with two space vehicles sitting on the pad?

Where can I get one!!

Huzz

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
kaos said:
i also noticed under the glencoe release that the lindberg space transport and space station are also scheduled for this year. promises promises, they've had those listed off and on for 5 years, maybe it'll happen this time?? ok, so there's no tv tie in, i still like them for nostalgia reasons
Glencoe? I thought they went out of business. Steve, do you have any Intel?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hmmmmmmm! Starting to see diorama possibilities with
the Polar Lights kits and this Space Station.

Hmmmmmmm!

James :)

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Glencoe is still chugging along, marked by sparodic releases. Don't know if anything is new from the current back catalog, but one can always hope. I know I do! I wish the Glencoe site was still up. It didn't change much, but it was conforting affirmation that the company is still around and that the kits will flow.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts