Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this picture in my Photobucket account. I had airbrushed him using Tamiya acrylic paints a few years back and sold him on eBay when I needed some extra $$

I still have the Road Agent model I built...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Very cool Rat Fink! Excellent work, Rebel Rocker is right, it does look like a ceramic piece. Very well done!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Very cool RF mate! Your Road agent's great too!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I especially like the Road Agent too, was it a sort of James Bond/Man From Uncle spoof?

But how did you get such a deep gloss finish on the Rat Fink - it doesn't just look ceramic, it looks like it was just dipped in a bucket of water!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
BEAUTIFUL work on both of those :cool: I recently tossed the remains of my Road Agent, there were only a couple of pieces left :(

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Ratfink or cars, ( what ? that's heresy ) but that's a great job on the figure. One of the best I've seen of that character. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks

Rat Fink was really pretty easy. I did him some while back (last time the kit was reissued) but I think he is mostly Tamiya acrylics airbrushed on, wiht some outlining done by hand, with a brush, using Tamiya's Transparent Green and Transparent Red. The clear gloss is Tamiya TS series spray paint. It goes on very well and you can build up a nice thick, clear gloss in just a few coats. Put it on thin at first then when you get it pretty shiney, hit it with a good wet coat. The stuff dries pretty fast so you can do the whole thing in a day or two.

Road Agent was Roth's "secret agent" car... it has a pop up back deck with a tape deck gadget inside, opening bubble top, etc. This is only about the third car I had ever built... and its not an easy model to make. Its painted with Tamiya spray paints also.

The models are both shiney but remember also you are looking at them through a glass display case window so there is some reflectivity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts