Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revell-Monogram 1/64 scale 1929 Ford Model A Roadster promotional for a Speed Shop in Morton Grove, IL.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Very cool! I love that Revell series, but they are like gold on the secondary market. Maybe one day I'll get a few of them.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Very cool! I love that Revell series, but they are like gold on the secondary market. Maybe one day I'll get a few of them.
One of the Walmarts in my area ordered 50+ cases for a customer who had came in and asked the manager if he could place a order that big and the manager said sure, as long as you come back and pick them all up as our store can not store that many cases. .. Wellllllllll .. The customer never came back to pick up the cases so the Store pegged them and the Cars sat and sat and sat and sat being peg warmers priced at $2.97ea. Now looking back, I wish I had picked most of them up as todays market is easy to move them.... Who knew back then that these Cars would be worth so much today ???? As I sit here shaking my head.... Wish I had bought them all back then. Ugghhhhh :rolleyes:

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
I hear ya. My "kick myself" story is from Feb 2009. I was just getting back into collecting and saw Walmart had Modern Classics on clearance for $1 each. Didn't buy any, though :(

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Loving that car, Revell Monogram headquarters is in Morton Grove Illinois not far from where i live. I think they are still there producing plastic model cars there. Boy would I like to add that car to my collection, maybe I'll check e-bay for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts