Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I agree with soloboy...Why can't folks put that much care and detial in Sci-Fi kits!

Looks very cool though!

Imagin...a kit like that with todays techniques! WOW! :eek: I just wish they would completly re do the TITANIC in 1/350th scale.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
StarCruiser said:
Nope - those are propulsor pods - they are on correctly... Only now becoming more common on larger ships.
Technically the term is tracktor props vs pusher props. Pusher designs are more efficient then tracktor in both aircraft and boats. Are they using electric motors in these pods and do they swivel?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
A Reuters news story gives the answer:

. . . raised concerns about future sales of the Mermaid pods, which consist of an electrical motor and a propellor which rotate 360 degrees, enabling vessels to pivot sharply.

The pods are also being fitted to the Queen Mary II, the world's largest cruise ship, which Alstom is building for Carnival Cruises Cunard Line.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Dr. Brad said:
I have no interest in building a model of a cruise ship, but it is impressive nonetheless!

Brad.
I actually would really like to see a lot of cruise ships in 1/700 and 1/350.

The 1/400 on this one bums me out, as I would prefer the 1/350.

Funny though, usually a cruise ship has to have gone through a horrible death, to get a model made of it.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Pretty fair size, not sure where I could put it. I do know the better half wouldn't care to see her sitting in the living room. ;) rr

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
roadrner said:
Pretty fair size, not sure where I could put it. I do know the better half wouldn't care to see her sitting in the living room. ;) rr
Thats easy to fix! WHO MAKES the most $?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
fluke said:
Thats easy to fix! WHO MAKES the most $?
I think you've just given away the fact that you're single, or divorced, and, if the latter, the divorce was, gently put, messy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts