Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, has anyone painted this up with that sparkly craft paint so he resembles a "Twilight" vampire?

Thought not.

Me either.

{What ridiculous excuses for vampires]!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Can't really say I've given it much thought mrmurph.....:wave:
The last time I painted something up in sparkly paint I nearly got arrested for indecent exposure.....

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Now There's an image I'd like to erase from my mind as soon as possible !! :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Yeah Chris...You know me I'll drive a STAKE straight through that too!!!:p
Denis

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I saw that guy riding one of the Metro buses in Seattle.

No wonder the Lugosi estate is so particular.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
[IMG-LEFT]http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/041028/145053__elton3_l.jpg[/IMG-LEFT]
Hey Gimme back my Cape!

Mcdee:p

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The teen girls at my school are hysterical over the book/movie (I've read/seen neither, nor plan to). A reviewer figured out why they're so successful. The author was very clever to describe the pretty vamp boy in great and repetitive detail, but gave relatively little description to the angsty lead girl character. That way, any girl who reads the book naturally imagines herself in her role. Very clever tactic, that.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
My daughter is 10 and has read all the books and seen all the movies. The net effect of her interest in Twilight is that it's peaked a broader interest in vampires. We've recently watched Nosferatu (1922), Salem's Lot (1979) and Dracula (1979) together and she wants to see more. She's even expressed an interest in reading Bram Stoker's novel - which is something I've never done. I'm happy that her interest has been stoked.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
My daughter is 10 and has read all the books and seen all the movies. The net effect of her interest in Twilight is that it's peaked a broader interest in vampires. We've recently watched Nosferatu (1922), Salem's Lot (1979) and Dracula (1979) together and she wants to see more. She's even expressed an interest in reading Bram Stoker's novel - which is something I've never done. I'm happy that her interest has been stoked.
Good for her! :thumbsup: Reading is fundamental, as they used to say. Lot of people are put off reading Dracula b/c they imagine it's like reading Frankenstein, which can be a chore. But it is not anything like reading Shelley. I find Stoker draws you in really well, and there are some good spooky parts she'll probably like (or not)...the baby in the bag, when they track down Lucy, etc.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like to read the Frankenstein novel. I started it back when I was a teenager and never could stand to finish it.

Dracula, on the other hand, was excellent reading, from what I remember, and I really enjoyed that book.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like to read the Frankenstein novel. I started it back when I was a teenager and never could stand to finish it.

Bruce, may I recommend you try to grab Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein? 'Tis Mary Shelley illustrated with Bernie's inimitable pen-and-ink drawings...helps to add a little extra POP to the narrative.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The scene in Stoker's Dracula where they break into the bedroom and find Dracula turning Mina into a minion is one of the best written, most terrifying scenes I've ever read.

Is Wrightson's Frankenstein still available? I gave my copy away to a friend about 15 years ago, but the illustrations were amazing.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts