Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Creature Revell is reissuing is the 1/8 scale original Movie Monster or the later 1/12 scale Monster of the Movies? The second version would be really big news.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Does anyone know if the Creature Revell is reissuing is the 1/8 scale original Movie Monster or the later 1/12 scale Monster of the Movies? The second version would be really big news.
Wrong forum. Having said that, it is the 1/8 scale original.

Mark Dean

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I.m sure the ridge will be there - I doubt they will do any re-tooling. That ridge has been there since the original Aurora issue in early 60's. It just gets worse I guess due to mold deterioration. Even the original pattern had a small ridge.
Steve

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Did they say whether it will still have the head ridge?!!? :dude::roll:
I'm sure the ridge will be there - I doubt they will do any re-tooling. That ridge has been there since the original Aurora issue in early 60's. It just gets worse I guess due to mold deterioration. Even the original pattern had a small ridge.
Steve
I don't know why so many modelers concern themselves about the ridge on the top of the Creature's head--it's supposed to be there. If you watch the film closely, you'll see it on the original suits. Granted, it may not be as prevalent as it is on the kit, and IIRC it should be a bit closer to the back of the Creature's head (it's been a long time since I've built the kit), but it's there. If you really need to, just sand it down a bit.

If they're going to do anything to the molds (which I doubt) I'd much rather they fix that gap where the abdominal plates meet the crotch.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am rebuilding a vintage kit ( the glow kit) and I glued the head and just filed the ridge down... I didnt get rid of it totally, but I definitely brought it down 60% or so!

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I'm going to need to rebuild this kit again as I just pulled my PL Creature off of the shelf from 8 or 9 years ago and man does it look bad. I didn't fill any of the seams and there are quite a few gaps in the kit. I didn't drybrush any of the scales and left them plain flat green. I did file the ridge down and left just a slight bump...that part looks pretty good.
Its really not a bad kit...just needs some TLC!

Funny even now when I look at my kits from just 10 years ago, how much our skills have improved...large in part due to this board and all the tips and talent we have here.

MadCap: "GROIN" is the proper term to use!

MMM

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The easiest way to fill the gaps where the belly piece fits into the legs is to glue it as best as possible, and then just use Tamiya Liquid Surfacer to fill the gaps. The Surfacer is a liquid putty and you just brush it on. I would let it dry a little bit, then go back over it with a cloth dipped in Gunze Mr. Color (lacquer) thinner. Mr. Color Thinner is PLASTIC SAFE so you can strip paint with it even... and it will wipe off any excess Surfacer outside of the gaps. I do this to fill the flush seams and joints on model airplanes where the wings and tail fix to the body also.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The ridge took me less than 2 minutes to file down,piece of cake, not difficult at all, there is a small ridge remaining, but doesnt show in pic.

Randy

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I think we've probably all filed the ridge down, no big surprise there. But since Revell provided a completely new head for the Dracula kit, I wonder if they'll do anything to alter the Creature.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts