Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Holy Crap !!!!!!!!!!!! i WILL be trading my 2003 S10 in for one of these in 2011 !! :)

" wonder if it can peel out the tires going sideways like burt did with is in '77 ? " ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ugh, This is why I hate GM lately, chances are, they will probably be making a V6, and I4 version for the people that whine about cars getting 50MPG, and they want 9000MPG. The car on the other hand, looks terrible. The front looks nothing like a Trans-Am. The rear...? Single Exahust, rounded?! Yuck.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Didn't I just read somewhere that they ARE doing a Knight Rider movie, with some fancy schmancy foreign exotic as KITT???
thats what I thought....maybe the T/A will be a smokey and the bandit remake...2011 T/A and a T-2000???

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Blingy said:
Ugh, This is why I hate GM lately, chances are, they will probably be making a V6, and I4 version for the people that whine about cars getting 50MPG, and they want 9000MPG. The car on the other hand, looks terrible. The front looks nothing like a Trans-Am. The rear...? Single Exahust, rounded?! Yuck.
i think you are wrong about the v6 and i4 versions. ;)
you are entitled to your opinion but i think the car looks far from terrible. no offense but i also don't think you know too much about cars. i highly doubt that is a single exhaust with a 1 foot wide tip. it appears to be the same exhaust on some corvettes.
as for not looking like a trans am, have you ever seen a 77-78 trans am? both the front & rear ends look like a newer version of that body style. you can't expect a new car to look exactly like the old version. what would be the point? i can say one thing, that thing screams pontiac! :thumbsup: it actually looks like they stole the nose off a sunfire and modified it. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a dual exhaust going into a huge oval exhaust tip for futuristic looks. I think the car looks good but could look better, of course this would look alot better in person than this computer artwork piece. Only thing I dont like on the car is the hood scoops, there completly out of place. Without them this car would be awesome. If anyone has photoshop could you please remove the hood scoops and post the pic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok first of all this is a bad ass car. it isnt like the mustang or the camaro which look like exact copies of the old ones. whats the point in that? the trans am actually looks like a newer version of the car, THE WAY IT SHOULD!! ihave had friends that have owned camaros, and all i did was let them drive my car once and they were sold. mine is a 1983 trans am, which is currently undergoing restoration. but anyways, they were sold after driving it one time!! this is my honest opinion and i know its gonna make people mad, but camaro's are nothing but cheap imatations of firebirds and trans am's. the is no substitute for the real thing....

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't mind this new version at all. Mind you, I am not a huge Pontiac fan, but this is definately an upswing on the lineup. It mixes old with new, which is exactly what newer releases of a model is supposed to do.
And, just maybe......they will come out with a new Smokey and The Bandit!?!?!?! Although you can never top the old one. I am going to watch it now.......Eastbound and down........

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
It looks like a vette in the first pic if you changed the front, And wasnt it already established that they were using a new mustang for kitt? Im pretty sure there were even pics of the new kitt on here somewhere

1 - 20 of 83 Posts