Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well we had two basic classes. Kids and a adults class. It ended up with two cars on the table in order to make things as fair as possible. Everyone used the same controller. Most used the same car and only two people used the "odd" lane.

We only had 5 entrants in the kids classes.
5.712- J Michaels
5.495- James Sporich
6.220- Justin Michaels
5.476- Jeremiah Moore
6.208- Jacob Hillman

Jeremiah won first with his 5.476
second place was won by James with his 5.495

The adult class was larger:
All of the adults drove the Mitsubishi Eclipse: So we will eliminate that part of the equasion and go by times only.

First place was Chet Jones: Congrats man:
4.771 Chet Jones
4.854 Jon Voxxer
4.859 Lendell Perry
4.961 Craig Yoder
5.188 Randy Robbins
5.253 Eric Taylor
5.300 Walter Michaels
5.630 Glenn Williams
5.720 Rosie Williams

Thanks to all who races and all who guessed. The closest guess was made by
Porsche911GT3 with a 4.74 thats only off by .031
The second closest guess was also made by Porsche911GT3 with a 4.69 off by .081
The third closest was dlw with a guess of 4.62 he was the very first to guess and was only off by .151

Technically nobody got it exactly so I'm keeping my cars and nobody can play on my slot car track with me....just kidding...lol

Congrats to Porsche911GT3 for the great guesses: Whad ya do set up the track and see the times you could pull on it?
And congrats to DLW also.

Do you gents want the slots? or one of the other two catagory's prizes?
email me at [email protected] and let me know. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER EMAIL TO CONTACT ME as I cannot open my other mail account. By the way I will be in the basement cleaning to flood damage trying to salvage my goodies from my no longer goodies.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Holy crap, I won!! And to answer your question Goose, no I didn't set my track up! :lol:
And to tell ya the truth, I guessed with out even looking at the track. I could only see a red x! :lol:

I'm just one lucky guesser.

Oh, and I'm a diecast guy, so I'll take the LF car. I really wanted that car! Thank you so much Goose! It's nice to see you guys taking care of those who couldn't make it.

You have mail! :wave:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Cool, I'll take the slot car. Thanks for the contest, Goose. I only wish I could've gotten to Fest in person. I'm surprised no one used a Chevelle Stocker, it may not have the shortest tail, but it certainly is the lowest.:hat:

YGM

And yes, I did make a layout to play on :D :devil: .

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
AAAAACK! flood damage!! noooo! say it ain't so...

jeez, I'm sorry. how bad is it? did you lose much?

btw, did you get my email before you left re: the SlotCam? it's running again... if you didn't get it, i'll send another to that address you posted above... in that addy, is "gooose" really supposed to have 3 o's?

--rick

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
First I want to say Congrats to the winners.
Porsche911GT3--really great guesses! You were sooo close! I should have known better-guessing against a guy with the engine in the trunk! :)
And Goose, I read many things on the other board about you giving 110% (again) of your time and effort to make sure everybody at the Fest was exposed to slot car racing and had a great time. You really go above board. No one else could do it as good as you. I think they should give you a special award for your unselfish participation and generosity towards all. You really deserve it, Goose. Thank you so much. :wave:
I'm very sorry to hear of your basement flood. I hope there was no damage to your collection and all your rare pieces are ok.
Cheers my friend...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Hey Porsche911GT3, you got any good stock tips, college football scores, or world series predictions that you'd like to share with us ????? :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
We Had "FUN"!!!

Thanks "Goose Chicken", for the "Fun" & Friendship.....Just remember! That Rose did the practice run & was not able to make it back for her "Real" time run! LOL!!
She says, next year ya'll better tighting up your pant legs....for the wind of her slot will be making'em go whoop-whoop-whoop in the wind! LOL!! :thumbsup:

See ya next year! :)

We're soooooooooo very sorry to hear of your pain & heartache "Goose Chicken" :cry: .......Maybe we have something that you lost, & we can spare ????

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
AfxToo said:
Hey Porsche911GT3, you got any good stock tips, college football scores, or world series predictions that you'd like to share with us ?????
:lol: Nope, sorry, those are top secret! **pulls out sports beckett from 'Back to the Future'** :D

Thanks for the congrats Boss! :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts