Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the tremendous amount of power produced by .12 size engines, race teams are finding that they actually turn faster lap times by taming some of the power, especially when the track is slick. New from Dynamite are Carburetor Restrictors designed specifically to fit Dynamite carburetors. These Carburetor Restrictors help to manage the power of the engine on slippery tracks and where power management is critical. The Carburetor Restrictors also add to the fuel mileage, giving longer run times per tank.

Three sizes of Restrictors are included in each package - .190", .180", and .170" diameter. Each size is anodized in a different color for easy identification. These graduated sizes allow you to fine tune the power output/fuel mileage to suit track and driving conditions. Simply put, a Restrictor takes away some of that top end "sting" that makes your vehicle hard to control and in some cases may even save you a pit stop (better fuel mileage).

Restrictors are also available for just about any brand of engine/carb. Just ask your local hobbyshop about them.

Easy To Install
Installation of the Restrictors is easy. Simply place some silicone or "Shoe Goo" on the outside of the Restrictor and insert it into the carburetor, making sure that no adhesive enters the bore of the carburetor, It must thoroughly dry before running the engine. In slippery conditions or for better fuel mileage, restricting your power may be the way to better lap times.

What About Electric?
The same goes for electric cars and trucks. Going to a higher turn motor can make your buggy or truck easier to drive and give you better lap times. In the 2005 Off-road World Championships the track wa so slick that many drivers actually went to using on 5 cells on their cell packs to help make them easier to control.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good post and something most new racers never believe. I use the epa on my radio to limit my throttle in my gas cars. That and running the engine rich also on slick tracks helps keep the cars from getting crazy on the track. And for electric I've heard many good racers tell me they sometimes depending on the track will run a stock motor in mod and turn just as good of times.

·
Registered
169 Posts
this thread is a little old but I thought I would add something. sometimes when running electric on a slick track some people will run a 6 cell pack and only wire up 5 cells.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
...we also turn down the throttle in the radio settings (JUST DON'T FORGET TO TURN THEM BACK UP on a good traction track - LOL)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
In Dirt offroad. the power the engines have these days. thank goodness for restrictor's. for very few times can you ever use all the power.

But alot will say i need it to make the triple jump,or some other junk. and there the ones always having to be put back on there wheels.

Slow down and go fast.

I even went faster with 4cells in touring onroad, cap tires than could ever been done with 6 cells. Slick tight track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts