Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
718 Posts
Not something I feel any need to support, personally... especially since this isn't the original filming set, but rather the one created for the Las Vegas show, it seems... but I support the efforts of those who do want to contribute.

Me, I'd much rather see a fully-realized, permanent, FUNCTIONAL "TOS Bridge" setup. Similar to what was seen on-screen, but "upgraded" (say, with the whole big rectangular areas above each console being a huge flat-panel display, rather than backlit slides in subwindow-cut-outs, and with OLED-topped buttons instead of cast resin jellybeans...)

Yeah, THAT I might get behind. But since it wouldn't be "film-accurate," I suspect I'd be the only one, huh?

·
Registered
119 Posts
No, I think that'd be super-cool! Maybe someday if I win the lottery.

I didn't realize that this bridge was just a replica used for public display. Knowing that makes me feel a lot less enthusiastic about it in general. I guess that the piece of T.O.S. bridge must be a replica as well.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Might be a piece of the recreation they did for "In A Mirror, Darkly...", since I'm pretty sure the big structures of the original bridge were destroyed back in '69.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Might be a piece of the recreation they did for "In A Mirror, Darkly...", since I'm pretty sure the big structures of the original bridge were destroyed back in '69.
Yeah, or maybe a piece from the STNG Episode "Relics" where Scotty recreates the original T.O.S. bridge on the holodeck.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Let's not get the two things confused... this "task" that they're talking about is "restoring the 1701-D bridge, not the 1701 bridge. They have a part which is claimed to be part of the TOS bridge as well, but the article linked to is all about the TNG one.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They state on the Facebook page they may do a restore of TOS one but want to focus on the D first. I hope they succeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts