5,433 Posts
It's great as usual Dan!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Is the gold a Metallizer or Alclad?
Another must have kit for me!!....

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
The wash really brought out the detail and gave it a nice used look.

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Wow, Dan, Great job on this old Aurora kit :thumbsup:
I always liked this kit due to the severed arm on the base and thought it would be cool to put this kit in a battle diorama...too bad Aurora never made a counterpart to this kit...
Mcdee

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Wow, Dan, Great job on this old Aurora kit :thumbsup:
I always liked this kit due to the severed arm on the base and thought it would be cool to put this kit in a battle diorama...too bad Aurora never made a counterpart to this kit...
Mcdee
Wachoo tawkin bout McDee?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wachoo tawkin bout McDee?

Thanks Denis for the compliments and soon will be restoring a original Tarzan for the same owner of this kit and then also be building for him straightout of the box the one zorro just posted.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice wolfy, love the metal work. Didn't know this kit had body parts laying about. :freak: Cool.

g.
Thanks for the compliments:) and this is a reissue that Aurora did of the Gladiator as the Original run from the 50's only came with a plain base with some roman writing on the sides the 64 reissue of both came with a more action like base as the one you see here and the other Gladiator with the Trident came with a Lion in a Cage.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Hmmmm...I guess you're right Zorro, I guess I just never thought as these two guys battleing each other...but ...why not? :thumbsup:
Mcdee
Granted, the bases don't fit together ala' The Man From UNCLE kits but a diorama could certainly be bashed. The two figures are outfitted quite closely to Kirk Douglas and Woody Strode in their fight to the death in the movie Spartacus.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Brilliant Idea :thumbsup:...Now you've got me wishing someone would re-pop these kits :wave:
Mcdee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts