Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
56 57 said:
Got the loose 94 car box and don't feel like opening it up, I am not very well at all and when I get my strength back up I will take some pictures and put another box in the mail. Thanks to all the members that played and I think it was a lot of fun, and if I don't bounce back I wish someone would take over where I left off.....Thanks, again.......
56 57 said:
Thanks guys, I called in Hospice today and they are taking care of me, sure hope some of the members carry on with the boxes.....
It was with a very sad heart today that I went to the Newport Rhode Island Post Office, and sent off the latest of what I hope we will forever know as the "Bud Boxes".

I had hoped Bud would be here to enjoy knowing that his tradition would continue, but I guess it's fitting that this one goes out today, in his absence. It is my hope that at any given time, someone somewhere has a Bud Box making its way around the country. As this one nears its end, I will ask for volunteers to receive the next one. And any member is welcome to pick up the torch, whenever they wish.

Bud will not be forgotten for his generous ways.

This box today is on its way to New Jersey, to new member Jersey 93 Ty. From there, it's off to SSChevyman in North Carolina, Chevy1957 in Florida, then up to Tennessee for a visit with 69Stang. Ward will send it off to MissouriMike, who will forward it to Joe Falco in Texas. From there, it's off to Rlyoung in California, and then on to New York to Mudslinger, before heading back to me.

I had originally enclosed a note asking members to please get the package on to the next member as soon as possible, because of the circumstances. At this point however, I would feel it a tribute to Bud to hold onto it for just a bit, if you want to share the experience with any other HT members in your area.

Bud would have wanted that. ;)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I am honored to be a part of the first appropriately named "Bud Box"

Thanks Rich for carrying this on for Bud, I know he would be very happy to see this continue on in his absence.

Thanks Bud for starting something so cool, and rest in peace Bud... :cry:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I'm sure Bud is looking down and smiling at what he sees and taking comfort in knowing that what he started here is continuing on as an HT tradition.

There are some cool JLs in there - enjoy it, guys! :wave:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Looking forward in being a part of this box. And willing to particapate in any other boxes that goes around. I will be willing to volunteer when i can in any boxes. I just dont have enough to get started with a box yet. Bud will be missed greatly and this 1 way he will live on in our hearts will be through these boxes.

James

·
Registered
999 Posts
I only knew Bud through this board and a few of the boxes, but enjoyed the spirit of community he brought and the attitude of sharing and giving that he helped encourage. I think a short written tribute would be appropriate to include in all future Bud Boxes so that we all remember the man behind the idea, and continue to honor him by paying it forward as he did.

Mike

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
MissouriMike said:
I only knew Bud through this board and a few of the boxes, but enjoyed the spirit of community he brought and the attitude of sharing and giving that he helped encourage. I think a short written tribute would be appropriate to include in all future Bud Boxes so that we all remember the man behind the idea, and continue to honor him by paying it forward as he did.

Mike
This is an excellent idea Mike. I've been reading the tributes to Bud, here and at the other boards I frequent, and to say that he was a example of what is good about this hobby falls short of the mark. He will be missed.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jersey 93 Ty said:
Looks like its going to be tomorrow. I literally ran from the parking lot to my front door today, but no boxes were waiting for me.
Just remembered I have the DC in my wallet. Here's why you didn't get it yet:

(From USPS Tracking website)
Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0001 1327 XXXX

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

:rolleyes:
Bud, when you get settled in up there, could you nudge this thing along for us please? :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I don't know that Bud ever ran into this situation, but the Tracking section on USPS.com says that the package is being returned to sender, seems there was a problem with the address. I'll have to check when it arrives back, either I got a bad case of CRS and used the wrong addy, or they don't know what they're doing on their end. We'll have to see.

Does anyone know if Bud ever ran into a returned package situation before???

Bud, are you havin' fun with me????? :drunk: :cool: ;)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After checking my files, it looks like the mistake was mine; Tim (Jersey 93 Ty) apparently sent me a street name of Southgate Rd, which I somehow typed into my file as Stonegate Rd. (Odd, because growing up, a best friend of mine lived on a Southgate Rd at the end of my street!)

I'll try to retrieve the package and get it out to the PO today, with the error corrected :thumbsup:

Come on Bud, quit messin' with me :lol: :wave:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Did you print a tracking label from the postal service website? If not you might want to try that because it will catch any discrepancies in the address.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rlyoung1 said:
Did you print a tracking label from the postal service website? If not you might want to try that because it will catch any discrepancies in the address.
Wish I had thought of that sooner, Rick. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts