Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

leaves are falling, so it was about time to start into the new season!

I picked up a batch of fresh mold making silicone today and just finished the first body out of the new mold:

The VW Caddy (that´s what she was called over here) is handling well, she´ll probably be my race car for next year´s HP7 powered race series.

Have a great weekend all!

Greetings from Germany

Claus

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Blue with yellow rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claus,

Kewl color combo & Far Out detailed Volkswagen pickup body.

Bob...have fun racing that fer sure...zilla

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
When I had my 4 dr Rabbit some 15 years ago, I had always wished it was one of these trucks.

It looks fantastic, Claus! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Claus,
Awesome VW PU body, nice job on the glass & great detailing (foil bumpers)!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Owned that vintage GTI in Pearl white - very quick car. ...RL

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
NICE, Claus! You gonna offer any of these up for grabs, because Id take one. I always did think the VW rabbit p/u was pretty cool for being something different. Seen a few here in the Pac NW with GTI engines or turbodiesels swapped in and always liked em.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Brilliant, and so crisply done too. You don't see a lot of pickups done in HO with a real hollow bed. This one really stands out.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I just finished off the VW Claus sent me. As per usual, I went with an HP-2 chassis on this one. The wheels come from hotwheels real riders and really look snappy on this truck. The workmanship on this really is awesome, so dont be afraid to pick one up. Having worked with several resin bodies, this only needed the most minor of flash cleanup and a few air pockets in non-cosmetic or structural areas got the baking soda/super glue fix. I didnt even bother to Future this, just a quick polishing with CD scratch remover brought out a nice shine on this light olive beauty.

A lwb tyco widepan fits like a glove, the wheelbase is perfect. And Claus includes a set of chassis mounts cast off an unfortunate tyco body making a clean straight mount simple.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanx guys, but...

...you don´t have to stroke MY head for the cool light olive VW pickup - credits have to go to Chuck (AKA grungerockjeepe)! I only sent him a body kit that he finished more than nicely!!! Hey buddy, you did some awesome detail work (cool HW rims)!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BTW: I built one of the same color a while ago (riding on a Tyco HP7 with Vincent rims). Remember all those VW Rabbits in that color? Most were combined with a weird kind of diarrhoe-ocher interior? Uahhh!!! :freak:):

Love that color anyway - it´s period correct...

Greetings from Germany,

Claus

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Claus and Grunge,

Those look totaly fun, fun, fun!

Bob...Another Kewl VW body style added to the slot world...zilla

1 - 20 of 50 Posts