Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* well, not really... :p

Hi folks,

I finally did a resin project that was on my wish list for much too long. The ´40 Ford is my alltime favorite Tyco body style. It´s a shame they changed their molds back in the early 80´s to those ugly large front wheel wells.

It took me a while to get my hands on a decent 2nd (didn´t feel like sacrifying the NM one from my collection...) Tyco Pro body (which seems to be the only one with the much nicer small front wheel wells) and finished my set of molds last weekend.

Now here´s my first pair of runners (finished the #34 last night):

Looking forward to have a whole bunch of them on my track and in the pits! :hat:

Greetings from Germany,

Claus

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Looks good Claus. much better with the smaller front wheel wells.. I actually had one.. (Note HAd) I cut it in half and am making a dragste rout of it.. should be ready in time for onn 2009.. lol

Dave

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That looks great, Claus. The paint job on the #26 car is sweetness! Im a big fan of that bodystyle also. I have 2 with the small fenders also. Black with flames, and chrome with flames. MUCH nicer looking than the others I have with the large gaping holes with little wheels stuck in them.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Most excellent!

Claus you will have to send be one to shrink to TJRT size :)

Roger Corrie

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Man i have been wanting to do that for long time!! i have like 12 tyco willy bodies waiting to be paint like that! good job man! :thumbsup:

Wes

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nice work, Claus

I've always liked this bod'-

I have a few of the small fendered versions, myself. They look so much better that way.

It's great to know they are still available--aftermarket.

I like the look with the paint, too- :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS- Roger- yours are top-shelf too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts