Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

here´s my late New Year´s rocket: I finally found a nice diecast of one of my all-time favorites (been working on a T-Jet version a long time, but was never really satisfied with the stance), that fits the good ol´ Tyco wide pan chassis like a glove!

For the first time I cast this body with the mounting tabs already built-in, so finishing the car is easy.

The imperfections on the left front and right rear are not because I need new glasses. I finished the very first "mold-cleaner" casting from the fresh silicone, where a little mold-release agent was stuck. Of course the following bodies are flawless! ;)

So here´s some appetizer pix:

The body makes a surprisingly well handling racer - although a bit on the heavy side weightwise (the finished one is 5.5. g) and the long rear overhang usually isn´t very welcome, she´s perfect for some fun paint trading in the corners... :rolleyes: :eek:

Best regs and greetings from the other side of the puddle,

Claus

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...

...for all those positive comments!!! :)

I knew I´m not the only one with a weak spot for vintage British steel (or aluminium - that´s what was used thru the first production years of the XK 120 1:1 scale bodies)... :p

For those feeling a sudden need to own a Jag (or two) themselves: Please send me a PM!

Kits are 15 $ (color cast body + PVC "glass"), finished bodies (w/o decals!) are 35 $ for all HT members (I usually charge the same numbers in EUR)! Airmail letter post shipping to the U.S. will be 8.50 $.

Thank you all and have a great rest of the weekend!

Best regs and greetings from the other side of the puddle,

Claus

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Claus you got a winner here! Nice body lines, fun detail to paint and just a plain slick looker.
Ooooooooooooooooooh lah, lah that is Kewl.

Bob...looks like lots of room for some Hooters decals on this body...zilla

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Very nice. I love old Jags as well, I want to see the first skilled person add some nice frosted LEDs on this car!

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Sweet Kitty! Thats one stalking looking cat..the felines are slick.. ok out of cat sayings.. nice work!

Dave

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
hi claus, yep, thats a pretty sweet cast, the boys at coventry would be proud!!! all the best from the u.k, take it easy, tony

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Stunning build Claus. Detail is just awesome. The 120 is just a classic! I'm going to have to save some dollars for one of these!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts