Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Resinator Glenn Strange Frankenstein Monster Tribute
One of the best sculpture out there of Glenn Strange as the Frankenstein Monster(AND BELIEVE ME I HAD THEM ALL!) sculpted by Randy Bowen in 1991 for me and my Brothers Resin kit Company The Resinator.Only handleful of these were sold threw the mail and at Chiller shows when it Debuted in 1991 and this is one of those castings from the Resinator as the details are more crisp in the sculpture than the reissues that are floating around now.Later the molds for this kit was sold to another Garage kit company.But the Original Sculpture went back to Bowen who sculpted this Fantastic piece of Glenn as the Monster and myself manage to aquire a this lost Treasure of mine from a fellow collector.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Very nice job, I like the skin color you came up with. I am getting ready to do an Aurora and Moebius Frankenstein and have decided something more like what you did is better than the green skin. I think a very light flesh with maybe a drop of green added to get a palor. Yours looks like maybe you used a drop or purple or something but it came out very nice.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for commenting and with Glenns flestones there is different ways to paint him up.But wanted to go with a more softer flestone to bring out the details that are in the face better iwth out over doing it:).

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's Christmas...Take a break!

Beautifully done!
Thanks and as for taking a break will have to do as the family is coming over this evening and gotta lock the model room so the nieces and nephews dont get no bright ideas on what to do with the kits they see on the shelves:freak:.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Holy cow...Danny! Great job! Love the flesh tones and details you've captured.

This is a nice kit! I've never seen this one before....love it!

MMM

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy cow...Danny! Great job! Love the flesh tones and details you've captured.

This is a nice kit! I've never seen this one before....love it!

MMM
Bob apprecaite the compliments.Plus this is one of those kits you dont see often on the boards.But if you ever come across one that bares the Resinator logo from years past and its solid tanish yellow resin as only 25 were done that away and that would be the ones that myself casted.The rest were done in Hollow/Solid castings by my brother and think we stopped at 50 castings before the molds were sold to someone else.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Very well done Dan!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
It's great to see how you did your basecoats too. Have you thought about doing a WIP on one of your paintups?

Chris.:)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Another Fantastic build & paint job Wolfman:thumbsup:.
The sculpt is one of the best ive seen, but my favourite is the one Randy Lambert did :wave:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Chris,Gaz and Denis for the compliments:).Gaz yes have that Lambert Strange aswell.Its a nice one to but my Fave will always be the Bowen one:).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts